lt250s Quadsport - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

lt250s Quadsport

I just picked up my new toy - an 89 suzuki lt250s quadsport over the weekend.
Here's the basics:
Bad Stuff: Its plastic is trashed, it needs a new seatcover, its thumb throttle was loose (fixed),loose swingarm (fixed), it has an inch or so of play in the steering (tie rod end or mount is shot, not sure yet), axle bearings are about to go soon. I blew the baffle out of the silencer yesterday, of course it didn't help the last guy who worked on it cut the spark arrestor out of it. It also had a fouled plug, I cleaned it enough to go on quick rides but don't trust it.
Good stuff: the engine was soposidly rebuilt only a few hours ago by someone who knew what they were doing. Ported and polished head, 20 over or so piston, larger valves ect... It also came with a few extra parts, origional books trail tools, and a title.
All this for $600 and a sunday roadtrip. I just have the need to get back onto four wheels, even with the lack of speed, and i don't mind another project (oh god, another one....).
My question is: does anybody know of any good hop ups, places to by parts, or have any good (or bad) stories about the lt250s (or even it's brother the lt230s).

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts), 83 ATC 185s, 85 Ktm 350mxc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 02:18 AM
raptor_rider

Re: lt250s Quadsport

quadzilla08 , is the one who you should get ahold of his dad may be able to help with your questions (he has 2 of them)

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 08:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor, this bike is a 4stroke not a 2stroke.quadzilla08 has Quadracers.
ktmbk, that is a good bike. Not many of them around though. There are very few aftermarket parts available, but you should be able to find plastic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 09:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The 230 is like that small sporty little 4 stroke 4-wheeler isn't it?

LIFE SUCKS WITHOUT A BIKE!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 10:41 AM

i used to have a 230 quadsport.....trashed it....ooops....but it was a kickin quad at the time...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 10:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've only ever ridden one, and that was a bad ridin day for the owner, he was 14(15 now). I rode it a bit up in the shail pit, then we went to the woods, i was on the XR, well anyhow, first off he flipped his body off the back goin up a hill, and almost flipped the quad(inexperienced). Then a little further down the trail, he popped his tire, so he just leaned on the left side to keep weight off the tire untill we got home, so we are goin down this dirt road, and suddenly i just look behind and he is walkin along the side of the road wwaayy back, i turn around, and he sais "i don't know what happened, it just stalled on me" So i go back, try to kick start it, and the thing doesn't have any compression, i check his oil, and there is not one drop in it...well, you can guess what happened.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 03:31 PM

running out of oil sucks my bros 300ex drain plug got stripped and we didnt know so it fell out and halfway down the trail it makes the coolest grinding hissing popping sound and stops and has smoke coming out of it...the thing went near a mile without the drain plug in before it blew....

thinking of new signature hmmm...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 04:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

"the coolest grinding hissing popping sound".... now thats scary when that sound is described as cool :-)

Chris
'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 07:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bahaha, my bro's XR pops when he let's off the throttle, it sounds pretty sweet, lol.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 09:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

10x, I was suprised but plastic's was the hardest thing to find. I do have a good lead on a rear fender though, and I already ordered a seat cover for it.
Joshin, sorry to hear about the kid's bad day, last guy with one of these bikes I rode with lost a plug, his just stopped running, and wouldn't start untill he put more oil in. I did learn a new trick that would help him on the hill , I was going up a steep hill on a snowy day and flipped my 185 up vertical like so that it stopped resting on its rear wheels and rack. The bike was light enough so I quickly pulled back, and to the side, flipping it onto me and rolling it off facing away from the hill, all while the bike was still running. It was really cool looking, but I probabally wouldn't ever do it again thinking about it, it's way to dangerous - I could have been hurt, any nobody should take risks like that. (public service announcement here).
I found out that "looseness" in the front end was more than I expected, seems that its 2 bad A arm bushings, stearing stem bushings, and a tie rod.
I also found DG bumpers, nerf bars, and skidplates for it. Costs too much for me now.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts), 83 ATC 185s, 85 Ktm 350mxc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode