Banshee - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2001, 07:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Banshee

Hopefully im going to get this banshee. i posted some of the classified. Tell me what you think plz.

. It has a freshly rebuilt .20 over wiseco top end, and has been ported. Boyesen reed valves, K&N filter, and toomey T-5 chrome pipes and silencers. Hinson clutch basket. Renthal bars, pro-design kill switch. DG alloy nerf bars. Douglas black label front wheels, champion beadlocks on the rear with 8 inch turf tamers. -2 inch Lonestar swingarm with the 250 style bearing carrier, and a lonestar axcaliber axle. Has been kept inside since it was new.

my main question would be what would the 250 style bearing make better? wouldnt it be weaker?

thanks in advance.

~Goot
http://suzukigoot.rockcrawler.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-390356-My'Shee.jpg (42.6 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2001, 10:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Banshee

that is a sharp looking banshee...i love those front race fenders. my blaster has fenders like that and i was wondering what my banshee would look like. i may just have to shave my fenders :-) i am not sure what the 250 style bearing would do.

Chris
'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2001, 10:36 PM

i shouldnt weaken the bearing carrier at all...it is just a cam style adjust like the 250r so it is easier to ajust

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 01:54 AM
cleartoy

Honda 250R style eccentric bearring carrier is the way to go. It is SO easy to adjust the chain.Have you ever used the trash that Yamaha has used to adjust the chain? I have on mine, and i HATE it.

With a minus 2 swingarm, it will wheelie easier.

I would say it is worth $5K for sure.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

that looks like a nice bike, i hope you like it but my question is can you ride it? i see alot of nice banshees that look fast but they guys on them are big pussies but i will give them that a banshee takes alot of clutch work and you have to keep the throttle pinned all the time at least from my experiences

and another thing i want to know is how fast is it will it beat a suzuki quadzilla, modified banshees are about the only thing that can beat my zilla that and the rare 250r

may my zilla live forever

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 08:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, just to clear it up, im not a BIG PUSSY. I know thats not what you were saying, but if you have read any of my earlier posts, youd not say that of me. I race Fourwheelers (thats why im lookin for a 'Shee) and i have a Samurai that is about the size of a fourwheeler that EMBARASS's and Harass's bigger heeps.

WHat is probably the cheapest i could by a good Banshee for?
anything less than my Sammy?

BTW i payed $1000 for my sammy, 5x's less than a Shee i found here locally.

~Goot [img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\New Folder\kPsychoticSmiley.jpg[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 12:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lonestar made all our lives alot easier with that bearing carrier. You'll love it.

http://www.lsracing.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 11:05 AM

Basically if you want a decent banshee...you will be paying more then your sammi...I bought a 94 shee last summer and had to drive from minnesota to ohio to get it. they wanted about 4000+ for a used shee here....so I am thinking you will be paying 2500+ for a decent shee....at 2500 it will probably needing some work...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 07:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

THX airborn, im starting to see who the real four wheeler fanatics are here. Airborn you being one of them. Hopefully with your help, i can learn a lot more. i think it was you who i was gonna buy a 'shee from a long time ago. but, guess we just lost touch.

Ill will be floating in and out of this board, learning as much as possible. looking forward to it.

~Goot [img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\New Folder\kPsychoticSmiley.jpg[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 11:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey a good banshee runs from about 3000 to 4000 but it will probably need a little tlc but every bike needs that all i got to say is get a banshee with pipes on it or put pipes on it cause i hate how those stock pipes sound they remind me of my blaster

and by the way about that barrier carrier it is a very good thing makes life a whole lot easier those stock chain adjusters on the banshees and blasters suck a$$

may my zilla live forever

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode