Power Valves or Bore It Out - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2001, 05:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Power Valves or Bore It Out

Whats up everyone,
I have a 1986 Suzuki Quadracer 250. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me on how to make her go faster. One of my buddies told me that I can get power valves for my machine. If so, is it worth it?? Well thanx for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2001, 10:33 PM

Re: Power Valves or Bore It Out

to get power valves on there i think you would have to buy a complete 87-92 top end..maybe more...

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 07:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think so to, probably your best bet would be to bore it out and put a cool head on it, then get a good exhaust system and either a UNI or K&N airfilter and you would be able to feel the difference. i did all the above except the cool head to my old '88 quadracer and i could really tell the difference. hope this helps.

Chris
'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 03:22 PM

hey did you ever find out what made your quadracer blow up?

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 09:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah, i helped my buddy (who bought it off of me like it was) pull it all apart last night. looks as if the rev limiter snapped and it just turn a trillion rpms. thats all i can tell of. the crank case oil was fine, the gas fuel mixture was fine and the engine coolant was fine.

Chris
'00 Yamaha Blaster
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 10:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i hate to tell you this but '86 and 85' quadracers are hard to find parts for because those were the first years for the bike and they are known to break swingarms my dad had an '85 lt250r and still does that he is trying to sell and he broke two stock swingarms those motors suck because you cant access the reeds without pulling the whole topend off and i think to change the power valve you will have to by an '87-'92 topend cause the '85 and '86 motors are old school but email me at [email protected] because i got alot of extra parts that will fit on your bike that my dad wants to sell he has a running '85 newly rebuilt and ready to ride only 20 or so hours on the new motor and he has basically a whole other bike in the garage minus the motor and a swingarm he wants to sell the bike and the extra parts

may my zilla live forever

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 10:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

my dad's 250 did the same thing as yours that is why he is selling it and he already bought a quadzilla like mine take my advice and get rid of that bike and get either a '87-'92 suzuki lt250r, suzuki quadzilla, 250r honda, or a yamaha banshee stay away from the four strokes because four strokes sucks ass

may my zilla live forever

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 02:05 AM
raptor_rider

Hey zilla boy , you obviosly havent riden a 4 stroke latley have you ?

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 09:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

mine was an '88 model...and i rode the snot out of it. i threw a rod the first time about a year and a half ago and i rebuilt the top end then. had to bore it .080 over with wiseco's and run the snot out of it again until about 2 weeks ago. i was going to rebuild it again and run the snot out of it again but my buddy wanted it and made me the right offer at the right time.

Chris
'00 Yamaha Blaster
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 09:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey raptor rider I'm ZILLA BOY. YOu were talking to quadzilla08. Just wanted to get it straight. Don't get me mixed up in your little CAT FIGHT about the 2 strokes and 4 strokes. I have ridden the 4 strokes and I have never said they are bad machines!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode