bear tracker vs. recon - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 07:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

bear tracker vs. recon

Alright,I'm looking at the yamaha bear tracker 2wd (250)I can buy the bike brand new for 2995.00....The recon I can buy new for 3300.00,both are 2wd both are 250's I remember alot of people had trouble with the yamahas between 1990-95 most owners vowed never to buy yamaha again.Has yamaha put out a better bike as of late?Should I spend the extra 300.00 and buy the Honda?

Drive it like you stole it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 08:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: bear tracker vs. recon

well in my opinion Yamaha is making some of the best quads out there. my blaster is an awesome ride, and my banshee is in the year range you stated people were having problems with them...i havent had the first one yet. it runs great and i love them both.

as to your dilema between the 2 fourwheelers, have you rode both of them? ride them both and then get the one that feels the most comfortable. i havent heard much of anything about the bear tracker, but i did read a post on here about someone owning a recon and they seemed really happy with it. what are your planned uses for it? maybe there is something better than those two out there.

if you are maybe wanting something bigger but dont want to spend a bigger dollar, look around for a used fourwheeler. you can usually find a used one that is hardly used and save a ton of money on it. i bought my first fourwheeler brand new, it wasnt what i really wanted but was all i could afford, i wasnt happy with it and sold it off to buy a used one i really wanted. i dont know if i would ever buy a new one again. to much depreciation. hope this helps.

Chris
'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 06:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i haven't heard anything on the beartracker, but i am really pleased with my recon. very peppy. it can handle more mud actually than a stock honda 300 2wd. it can also beat a 300 hundred through the gears but can not hang with it on the top. aftermarket parts for the recon are not to difficult to find either. every honda i have seen and the ones i ride with are extremely durable we put some hard riding on them too. honda makes a good reliable quad in my opinion. like i said though i haven't riden a beartraker though. hope this helps.
ps i would spend the 300 extra bucks!

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane 270 Compucam,dual exhaust w/ 40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, k&n, headers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2001, 12:38 AM
raptor_rider

I have a garage FULL of yamaha's and dont have a problem with them , just your regular stuff that you would have with any make out there.

see attached pic
from left to right , 00 Banshee , 00 Blaster , 86 Maxum 750 , 01 Raptor , 00 Trailblazer and last but not least 88 Blaster

Ride hard, Lifes short
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-387884-toybox.JPG (32.2 KB, 29 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2001, 11:51 AM

the maxim reminded me of my old seca 750....damn that bike was one of my favorites...
i miss it alot

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2001, 03:47 PM

nice collection man!!

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2001, 04:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey raptor rider share the wealth man!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode