Off Roading Forums banner

Seems someone has issues with me...

1K views 15 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
Well,
It seems that there are a couple two three people here that do not like me being a yamaha fan...

I want to set the record straight here...I have been here for a while and have offered information that was requested by others. I have answered questions and have offered suggestions upon what they were looking for. I have pointed them in what *I* believe to be their best option for the money experience and type of riding. I will not deny that I have suggested the banshee to a few, or the warrior to others, but I do not believe I have pushed a banshee or any other quad to someone that has not stated they have the experience *I* feel they need for that particular ride.

Now, I will one more time state here why I like Yamaha and why I do not care for Honda.
I am a Yamaha fan and used to be a Honda fan. I rode Honda for long time prior to Yamaha...and at the time I loved honda, but Honda decided that when the lawsuits came down the pipe, to say screw the atv family out there, we are just going to stop producing anything for them..cuz we wussies...Yamaha kept on going, building the banshee, the warrior, and the bikes besides...they did not abandon us.

To me that above statement is exactly how I feel, and exactly how *I* see the facts. The EX model did not come out until approximately a year from the lawsuit expiration date, which stated they were not too build 3 wheelers, it was all about 3 wheelers. Honda took it a step further and sed F*CK our customers...we did not say that to them...

Hell even after the lawsuit and they stopped I still rode a Honda bike...until I sold it and then later picked up a cheap Yamaha...
I liked the feel of Yamaha, and as they kept producing, they were getting better and better...I bought the banshee because I have ridden alot of quads in the past and I liked the Banshee because of what it had...it gave me the rush *I* wanted...

Now as for me not pushing the EX, that is simple...I wont...period...but that does not mean that I am not intelligent and it does not mean that I do not know anything. I am VERY good at what I do when I want to...and for you to start slamming me as you have, you really need to re-evaluate why you are. I have at least a valid reason for how I feel...do YOU???

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

See less See more
G
#2 ·
hey airborne,
I sure hope you do not think I am one of those people baggin on ya!! I really appreciated the info you have givin me a few times, I'm just havin some fun:) Dude I'm TOO old to play the I hate you because game, Besides, we may meet sometime and have a beer!!! It just gets a little carried away.
Mark
P.S.
When we goin riding??? Are you near Michigan?
Later

G
#3 ·
Hey Airborn, I have a Polaris and you have given me some appreciated advice, Don't sweat the small stuff or the small people who don't realize that if you're off the couch and on four wheels we're all in the same boat.

If you have extra cash-something will break

G
#5 ·
I don't think anybody has anything personally against you, I certainly don't. (How could you have something against someone you've just interacted with over the internet?). I'm sure your a cool guy. I'm just trying to stick up for my 400ex. (I know we are also are both dodge owners, you probably saw a picture of mine over on the dodge board).

This rivalry we've got going is all in fun, try bringing up jeep on the toy board or vice versa and see what kind of a response you get. Worse yet, tell him you 4wheel in a nissan like I do see how it goes over.

Later, Andy

G
#6 ·
wow, someone pushed too far....
I admit that i've gotten into a spat once in a while with you airborn, but we always seem to work it out when it happens. Dont think I don't like you because of it, in fact, I think that you are one of the more informative and helpfull people on the sight.
Everybody has there own opinions, if someone doesn't agree with you, hey so be it. I don't think there will ever be a decision on who makes the best bike (cannondale) and that everyone will agree on one brand.

Why is it that the people at work worry about me when i polish the scratches out of my atv fenders at lunch time, but no-one cares about the guy polishing his guns across from me (the one who has 3000 rounds in his car and gets his gun acessories shipped to the job sight).

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts), 83 ATC 185s, 85 Ktm 350mxc.

G
#7 ·
Yeah man nobody has personal problems I dont think, its just like when you say "400EX haha, rolling on the floor laughing" and that the magazine articles are rigged. My atv is my pride and joy and so is yours, but I never hear people criticizing your Banshee. People accept the Banshee for what it is but you dont give credit where it is due for hte 400EX because you think Honda ran away or something...

bling bling
http://cashmoneystunna.homestead.com/Quad.html

#9 ·
Well you guys, thank you for the response...

Dunedude...I am in Minnesota, but I am trying to get my way up to silver lake dunes with a couple guys from here...if we get that goin on...ya better come with!...I dont drink much beer anymore, but I would be happy to have a soda...

Binky, we all cool...I try to help and as far as sweatin the small stuff...heck man...what small stuff?? I just do my thing... :)

josh, what can i say...ahahaha

cool_edge_a, I understand that u drive that? mentality...it is comical and it dont make me sweat...ya know? I am always more then willing to put up or shut up...but I figured this was just a frustrated mine is bigger then yours pissing match...well I already know what I got and it dont matter what you got :)

ktmbk,
dude..u have that soooo right...they worry more about us people that like to have fun and overlook the dude with the ak-47 in his back window of his van...
(even tho I have mine in my locked box)

TurboEX,
I have no problems with the 400EX, other then how I feel about Honda. The EX in my personal opinion is not a machine that I think is comperable to what they have tried to market it...I will give the EX credit, but not for what people want me to give credit for...

duane425magnum,
THank you for that advice. I just figured I would post this instead of this crap going through all the other posts...its getting rediculous...

and one last thing, magazines ARE biased on a regular basis, depending on who gives them the most...its a known fact....

AirBorn!!

G
#10 ·
I agree with ABB. I have an '85 Quadracer. Most of you guys probably don't remember those days. Yamaha is the only one that kept things going. Do you think Honda would have built the 400 EX if Yamaha wasn't building the Warrior? No way! I remember towing Banshees out of the woods EVERY time we rode. Always overheated. But if I bought a new bike it would have to be a Banshee. There is no way I would bye the 400 EX. Because they abandoned us? NO. Its a 4 stroke silly. BORING!

#11 ·
hahahaha 10X...u are right it is a 4 stroke, but some people like them..and like it or not that is what we will all be riding soon...

and ya the banshees had a problem with overheating...never could figure out why...Mine is a good one for not overheating tho...I think it is cuz i replaced the pressure cap...

AirBorn!!

G
#12 ·
Bite your tongue sir! We won't ALL be riding 4 strokes.
BTW, my old Quadracer smoked a Banshee Saturday. Well not exactly. I did burn 4 of them in the first 150 ft, then see ya. There is no substitute for cubes.

#13 ·
I would love to get my hands on a LT500....but damn they are non existant up here....

AirBorn!!

G
#14 ·
i know where there is a '90 model with new plastic and a new top end in it. he wants $2500, its a nice quad. but i'm quite a ways from Minnesota :)

Chris
'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster

#15 ·
hell I drove to Ohio to get this Banshee....but I dont have 2500 right now....
after my 500+ loss in march...ahahaha
205 in tickets and 340 in stolen wallet....I cant afford much...other then work

AirBorn!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.