Tell me why I shouldn't buy a 2001 Honda 250EX? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 12:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tell me why I shouldn\'t buy a 2001 Honda 250EX?

Thanks for all the responses to my Honda 4x4 question, but I can only afford an AVT for less than $4000. I would like a Honda 4x4, but they are way too expensive for me. What I found that looked like a good entry level quad, since I have never owned one before is the 2001 Honda 250EX($3899). Let me know if you can think of other quads just as good as this one or a comperable quad at a better price.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 12:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tell me why I shouldn\'t buy a 2001 Honda 250EX?

Everyone else is gonna blabber on about how you should buy a used banshee bla bla bla but I would try to find a used 4 stroke for a first atv. People ride them for like 10 hours and sell them for thousands less than you pay. Frequently in my newspaper in Denver we have 400EX's come through for like $4500 with really low hours. Also, when you pay $3899 you are gonna have a lot of set up fees etc, break in period, stuff that is a PITA to mess with. I would just get something used like a 400EX or Warrior that has low hours and a little more power for when you need it.

bling bling
http://cashmoneystunna.homestead.com/Quad.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 03:01 AM
raptor_rider

you could look for a used 400EX for around $4500.00 or you could go get a Yamaha Blaster 200 for $3000.00 off the show room floor pipe it for around $300.00 put durablue spacers on the front & rear $70.00 a set (widen it in other words) and you would save money , have a better quad , and have a real easy riding toy

just a thought

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 02:41 PM

Turbo again you are wrong, it seems as though you have a problem with me...well that is neither here nor there...

bottom line is if you have 4000...find a used quad....if it is ur first quad, you need to ask yourself what kind of riding you will be doing, what you want...4 or 2 stroke...and then decide from that point. There are pros and cons of both sides...

once you choose that, you have narrowed it down to what you want....
personally I would look for a used warrior and yes even an EX...although I prefer the warrior....
Banshees are a 2 stroke and I do not tell people to get them unless they have experience....they are powerful and very quick and not for the beginner....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 05:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It seems like you are looking for a 4by4. Look in your local adds for a used 4by4. Most of the times these 4x4s are in good condition and you can find a good deal on them. For a new rider i would check for a used bike before you go a buy a new, never know what kind of deal you can get on a used quad.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 05:19 PM

4000 can get you a good quad i got my warrior for 4000....it had only been used for a month then the guy didnt want it so i got a near new quad for alot less...look for good deals like that

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2001, 09:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the 250ex in my opinion is a bad azz little bike. i have a recon and that thing is quite peppy. rev it up throw it in 2nd gear and ride a wheelie until i want to stop.hit like a 4-6 inch dirt pile in 4th and pull up on the bars and she is standing up again. it will go though more mud than my cousins honda 300 2wd (both stock) and will get give it hell in a race until 5th gear.(have problem keeping front end down, i know it must suck to have a fast bike and trying to keep the front end down)
now,
don't get me wrong it is still a recon and it will not hang with any 2stroke bikes or any sport bikes, but if the 250ex has more power and is 50 pounds lighter that thing must be a total blast, not heard one bad thing yet. this is my first fourwheeler it is a 2001, bought it new last august from my dealer here in eastern north carolina, but i had been around them and knew i really wanted one. anywho for what it was worth

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane 270 Compucam,dual exhaust w/ 40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, k&n, headers,
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 09:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

BAHHHHHHHHHH shaft driven ahhhhhh. Get a Blaster they are just as fun for a great price.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode