400EX is the Champ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 10:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

400EX is the Champ

I just read an interesting article tonight. It was in ATV Action magazine or something like that (it was at my couisn's house). They ran a 400EX, a DS650, a Raptor, and a Scrammbler 500 2WD. The Polaris took an obvious 4th, the DS650 took 3rd, the Raptor took second, and Big Red won the whole thing. They raced the four bikes through trails and on an MX track and the 400EX walked the competition. The Raptor was the closest quad to the winner but was still 4 whole seconds behind the 400EX. In the conclusion of the article they crown the Honda and state that, just because you have the most power doesn't mean that you are the fastest bike. The Raptor and the DS650 possesed better acceleration but let's face it, how often do you run your fourwheeler in a flat out drag race? The bottom line is that the professionals have spoken and for now it looks like Honda has the edge!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 10:55 PM
raptor_rider

Re: 400EX is the Champ

and if you payed attention it also said the only reason the Raptor didnt win is its to narrow

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 03:31 AM

interesting...thats the first article i have seen say that....kinda comical if ya ask me....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 10:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I read the same article and I'm a long time Honda owner and lover. I still went out and purchased the Raptor and that story could not be any more wrong. I think this was a set up by Honda because I have ridden the 400EX for a couple of years now and it isn't even close to what the Raptor has to offer, I admitt the 400 handles great but so does the Raptor I have not found it "tippy" at all. You be the judge and find someone that will let you ride his Raptor, you will be amazed. I have 5 friends that I ride with that have 400EX and every one that has ridden my Raptor has been green with envy. Sorry to say the 400 does not compare, but if they come out with the 650 they talk about I'm sure Honda will be right back in there but for now the 400 is in the back of the pack.

Yaaah they come to Roost the Rooster oh yaaah, yaaah but he ain't goanna die, he rides the Raptor yah, OH Yaaaaaaah, and he is goanna fly.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 05:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

First of all, I don't care if the Raptor lost because it is narrow or not, it still lost. Second of all AirBornBanshee I think it is comical that every reply you have to any post is Yamaha this and Yamaha that. It just kills you to see your brand of choice lose in any aspect of the game. Last but not least, Honda fixed the magazine article, huh? Let's be mature and grown up about this. It was just the results of this one test, no one fixed anything. Look my cousin just got his Raptor and believe me it is sweet. He has badly beaten me in every flat out race we have had. But it is narrow and it does not handle as well as my 400EX. Those are the facts. Now am I a MX racer? No. Am I ever going to beat him in a race? Probably not. Because most riders don't ride on MX tracks where the handling is going to play that big of a role. However, in this test that the magazine did handling put this bike out ahead of the rest.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 05:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I love it when someone gets a "bigger machine" and think they are king of the hill.No the 400ex is not in the same class as the raptor but sure does feel good to show them who builds the best sport atvs on the planet-ride red.Yes someday I will buy a raptor(my wife needs reverse).Ha Ha just kidding.
www.russellks.net/schoech/atv.html

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 07:17 PM

ok lets not start bashing quads and eachother...if you want to do that go to atvconnection.com its full of it not here...airborn has good reasons for why he likes yamahas so dont think he just sees only blue....so ride what you like and lets not tell other people their quad sucks cuz there out there having just as much fun as you so who really cares!!! lets not have a huge bash fest like almost every other forum out there is full of!!

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 08:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

98Warrior,
I hear you and agree with what you are saying 100%. I didn't start the bashing here. I just came here to tell you guys about an article I read that I thought was interesting. My personal feeling is that everyone likes their quad the best otherwise they would have bought something else. That is great and the way it should be. These bikes are so much fun I don't understand way people always ruin that fun by arguing.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 11:39 PM
raptor_rider

I agree 4 stroke fan , and besides , the tecnology today , all the quads are built to be about the same , it usualy depends on the rider, but who gives a fu(k any way we are all in it for the fun ot it RIGHT !!!

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 11:56 PM
cleartoy

Ill start by saying i have never riden a 400EX. I did not read the ATV Action mag either. I did read the Dirt Wheels article comparing the DS650, Raptor, and 400EX. I think it came down to the DS being the best drag and dune racer, the Raptor, the best all around with most torque, and the 400EX being the lightest and most nimble on a track.

As a modified Banshee owner and possible future Raptor owner, I would love the chance to ride each of these 3 quads and experience what they have to offer.

No need to rip eachother a new one over their opinion.

Each of these bikes fills a certain niche in the market for different riders. Peak HP is not always usable or attainable for your particular riding environment and or style. Just be happy you have a quad. I know people that dream of one day owning "a quad" but cant afford it.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode