Spark Arrestors - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 06:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Spark Arrestors

Is it Ok to remove the spark arrestor from your exhaust pipe? I took it out on my 2000 warrior and it really seemed to increase power and speed, but is it ok on the motor? I also have a 2001 Raptor I just purchased and want to do the same to it but I paid a lot for it and don't want to harm it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 08:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Spark Arrestors

Checking

Yah they come to Roost the Rooster oh yah, but he ain't gonea die he rides the Raptor, OH Yah.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 09:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am not going to say it's the best thing to do for your bikes, but there are some advantages to taking out your spark arrestor. Your engine can breath easier, maybe lean out the jetting, and perhaps make more power. It will also save some weight.
However, it will make the bike louder, not fun for your neibors. if it does lean out your jetting, and you do not correct this, engine damage may occure (not sure that it will lean your jetting this much though). Also If you ride anywere outside there is the risk of a backfire becoming a fire hazard. Its called a spark arrestor for a reason.
In the end it's up to you, It's not uncommon where I ride to find bikes without them.
Good Luck.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts), 83 ATC 185s, 85 Ktm 350mxc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 10:10 AM
cleartoy

Bikewise, just make sure you rejet the carbs. If you make the exhaust more efficient, it will make more power.

We are about to do this exact mod and rejet to the girls '98 Warrior. Glad to hear you had good results.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2001, 04:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't know of this will work for you, but I cut the flow restrictive core out of the arrestor on my 400EX and managed to put the screen back in so it would still function. Its a little louder now, but it seems to flow better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode