The Quadracer is dead! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 12:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Quadracer is dead!

Well my Quadracer died yesterday. I am still not completely sure what happened. It fouled a plug (we were putting around on some CC trails that got rougher than expected and had to go slow). I changed the plug in the field out of my onboard toolkit, and off we all went again. About 8 minutes later (after opening up into a huge field to play in) she acted like she was trying to foul again. So I opened her up in the field to clean it out and the engine bogged down for about 2 seconds then ripped and opened up good, I hit a little jump and it the air she just died, and the rear end locked up, turned her sideways and almost dumped me off. Tried to kick start her and the kickstarted wouldnt move a bit! i thought to myself, "Oh $&*@!!". We towed her back to the truck and pulled the head and sure enough the piston and cylinder look as if they are one piece with little pieces of metal everywhere in there.

I dont have a clue what caused it other than to high rpms when it bogged down and then ripped open. the oil/fuel mixture was perfect just like always and the bottom end oil was just about 2 weeks old with only about 4 running hours on it. the engine coolant was fine. anyone have any ideas on what could have happened? Gonna pull the engine off the frame tomorrow for further disassembly and decide whether to rebuild her or look for another engine...always wanted a big thumper in that frame.

Chris
'87 Honda CR125R
'88 Suzuki Quadracer
'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 08:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: The Quadracer is dead!

LOL, stuff the CR enigine in their, hehe.

<font color=green>going to <font color=red> bleed<font color=green> to death</font color=green> if i don't pick up a bike soon, oh god, why did i sell the <font color=red>MOTO-4<font color=yellow>?<font color=orange>!</font color=orange>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 09:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

nah, the CR engine is to small for a quad frame. not sure yet what i am going to do.

Chris
'87 Honda CR125R
'88 Suzuki Quadracer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 01:45 AM
raptor_rider

hey, there ya go, you could put the ATC 250 R engine in it

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 07:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah, thats kinda what i had in mind...see my post in the other forum.

Chris
'87 Honda CR125R
'88 Suzuki Quadracer
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 01:34 PM

dude that sux....sounds like she locked up hard...if it froze up...there has to be a reason...could the mix have been incorrect...sounds like a no oil in the gas screw up!!! man that is painful!!!! I have tears in my eyes for you!!!

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 02:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah, she locked up hard man. it really sucks. i dont think the mix was off, and the engine coolant levels where great. i mixed the gas/oil just as always and i have ran it for over a year like that. only thing i can figure is that she just couldnt handle the high rpms that came out of it after she bogged down. but who knows now. gonna tear deeper into her later on today and figure out what to do. i literally almost cried when we pulled the head! :-)

Chris
'87 Honda CR125R
'88 Suzuki Quadracer
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 02:55 PM

the only thing I can think of in all honesty is the possibility of grabbing non mixed fuel....what you described is the exact sound of running fuel with no mix...

that dont sound like coolant issues at all....and doesnt sound like crank case oil....
that is straight up mixture...especially if it melted together like you are talking about....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 03:53 PM

what were you thinking? you should have been on the banshee!!!

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 06:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sounds to me like you made a mistake and put straight gas in her i hate to her of a suzuki going down like that especailly when all you ever see any more are 250r's and banshees i feel for you i got a 85 suzuki 250 want to buy it brand new rebuilt motor only like 20 hours on it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode