84 Honda Big Red - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 07:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

84 Honda Big Red

Hey i am thinking of buying a 84 big red 3 wheeler. Are these good atc's. Do they have rear suspension. Is this a pretty quick atc even though i do not need it to be quick. Anyone with this atc can share their experiences wit this atc and it would be very helpful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 09:32 PM

Re: 84 Honda Big Red

i dont believe it had any rear suspension on it but i could be wrong..

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 11:51 PM
raptor_rider

84 ATC 250 R is one of the fastest 3 wheelers that ever walked the face of the earth , I have a 85 ATC 250 R and its not as fast as the 84 , the 85 is liquid cooled so it is heavier than the 84 , and yes it has pretty good suspention

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 06:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Big Reds are a utility ATC. I believe they had short front shocks, but no rear suspension. They have electric start, usually have a cargo rack on at least the rear, and I think they might have a dual-range transmission. They're not a "sport" ATC, like the 200X, 350X, or on the little bit wilder side, the 250R. If you're looking for FAST, the 250R is a two-stroke bike that moves. If you want to put gas and oil in it and just ride it, go for one of the X models. They are bulletproof four-strokes that have kick-start, full suspension, manual clutch, front and rear disc brakes, and five- and six-speed transmissions (depending on which year/size you choose). Enjoy!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 08:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I Would Love a 200X, Or even Better, a 350X, The Big Red is Big and Heavy, Fast? Far from it....It's got E-start, Dual Range tranny (I think), And Reverse.....No Rear suspension, But An 84 should at least have the weak front forks...but at least they help out a Bit, If You Get it in At least good RUNNING Condition Then ir should at least be a rather reliable machine, My 83 ATC Has been about bullet proof....

"Wastin Away Again In Margaritaville"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 06:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes they do have suspension, The Big Red 250 has a swing arm and a coil shock in the rear. They are tough machines. There are alot of them around here and with the right tires they go thru anything. They are shaft drive also. Good Luck!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 05:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey They are a good 3-wheeler. No suspension though. I have a 200s which is a similar utility trike. They are pretty fast descent for the trails and stuff. Mine has a low-end cam in it so it pulls like a beast. Mine is pull start though so e-start would be a definate plus. The dual range tranny would be good too. Overall if they aren't asking a lot they are pretty good.

RIDE IT LIKE U STOLE IT
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 07:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The 200 is not the same machine as the Big Red 250. This machine does have suspension! And does not have a low range trans. It has the exact same engine and trans as the 250 fourtrax. Exact. We have the engine out right now of a Big Red and a Fourtrax and they are the same

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 08:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

K, I Think I'm Thinkin Of a 200CC Big Red, if there is such a Thing...I DUnno, I haven't looked at 3-wheeler's in a while....On the 185/200 Even if it isn't E-start it's VERY Easy to pull start..So No complaints there....

"Wastin Away Again In Margaritaville"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode