TO AIRBORN BANSHEE - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 07:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

TO AIRBORN BANSHEE

Hey airborn,
I just aquired a early banshee frame. I'm not sure of the year, thats my ? It has lower control arms and missing the upper "j arms"? Can this be changed over to upper cont. arms? My goal is to make a hill shooter /sand drag machine out of it. What the hell is a j arm anyways??? where are you located? got any extra parts? Good source for some used oem stuff? Thanks, dude!! Hope ya didnt get pissed about the ex/ warrior post, just havin some fun!!!
DTYD
NO MO' SNOW here in S.E. MICHIGAN!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 09:06 PM

Re: TO AIRBORN BANSHEE

I dont get upset at much...and yes I know there are alot out there other then the banshee...but to be honest...I have gone up against the 400EX on a warrior and a banshee and beat it both times...

I am located in Minnesota, just north of the twin cities...

Get the serial number on the machine and you can contact any yamaha dealer and they can look up exactly the year and production date for you ( i did when I bought mine) I also had the police department look it up to see if it was stolen...

if you saw a J arm you would know!!! It is the most rinky dink stupid a$$ set up I have seen...

For upper control arms there are alot of places to get aftermarket control arms...I believe cleartoy has them on his...he has +3 arms on his...mine is still stock as far as control arms...Let me do some diggin and I will get ya some answers unless someone beats me to it...

My next ride when I get older, will most likely be a raptor...but I am in the search for a warrior currently...an old cheap beat up one that I can mess with...

try these places for parts:
http://www.kandkatv.com/lonestar_stock.htm
http://www.inficad.com/~atv/a-arms/a-arms.htm

those two should help...I will look for more when I get a chance...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 09:07 PM

by the way dunedude...

fill out the bio info
it makes it easier for some of us to get you more help....ya know what i mean???

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 09:25 PM

http://members.home.net/banshee370/ this site has something about switching from j arms to a arms...the guy that has the site (banshee370) comes on this board so he could probably tell you about doing that...

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 11:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Airborn,
Do you know what year(s) the banshee's came with red hoods/seat and white fender plastics?
Found a banshee for the asking of $4500, has lots of extras like extended a-arms, shocks, lsr pipes/silencers, cool head, and i'm sure more...
It seems like it's in good shape and i know they had little yearly changes, but i am not sure of the year, and i want to know befor i bother selling my current bike(s) and haggeling over price.
what do you think?

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r, 84 atc 250r (parting out), ATC 185s, 85 Ktm 350mxc
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 06:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

dunedude: The kit to convert from J-arms to A-arms is 139.00 from atv racing in Phoenix. your option is to run their upper a-arms or stock upper a-arms off of a 91'- on up banshee... That does not mean you cant run an aftermarket a-arm. its just means that it can take a stock upper a-arm, and use the lowers that are already on it...

www.kandkatv.com has a great inventory when it comes to banshee parts... but this weekend they are leaving for Macon Ga for the nationals so they wont be back until tuesday... I believe they are leaving thursday night. Ebay is another great source for banshee stuff, just watch what your bidding on.

My page has a bunch of info on the j-arm conversion

good luck

Banshee370(connecticut)
88 banshee
99 quadbuddy
95 Ram 4x4SLT
http://members.home.net/banshee370/ updated link
http://www.kandkatv.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 09:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i am not Airborn, but i might be able to help. does it have a red frame? if so its probably an '87 model. if the frame is not red and it has gold wheels it is most likely a '96 model. i think those are the only 2 years that red was used with a white fender. of course this all assumes the factory plastic is still on the quad...the owner could have ordered replacement plastics in any color he desired making it hard to tell. the best way to know the correct year is to take the serial # off of it and call Yamaha...they should be able to tell you. hope this helps.

Chris
'87 Honda CR125R
'88 Suzuki Quadracer
'99 Kawasaki Prairie 300
Still Lookin For A Yamaha :-)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks cdk357,
I saw the bike again today, it did have a red frame, and if it is an 87 must have had the a-arm upgrade, then again the bike has so many hopups that it probably had a repaint and has non stock plastics. I think the rims were gold, and they had turf tamers on it, with some rows removed. The guy wants too much for it anyway. But it is a nice bike though.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r, 84 atc 250r (parting out), ATC 185s, 85 Ktm 350mxc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode