Raptor or DS650...? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 05:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor or DS650...?

Hello,

My friend and I just purchased Raptors and are looking forward to our first break-in ride this weekend. We will be hooking up with another guy who has a DS650 (sp?) and he says he will bury the Raptors any day of the week. Is this true...? Each of the quads are stock.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 03:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Raptor or DS650...?

yes and no it depends on the rider!!

2001 yellow sportax 400ex all stock accept 6-ply razrs!!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 11:55 AM
cleartoy

From what ive seen, id say no. I have seen both against Banshees on the same sand dune, and i can say that the DS got slaughtered. The Raptor held its own.

One reccomendation. Break your Raptors in before you go ride with this guy. He is gonna taunt and tempt you to race on the first outing. YOu need to take it easy and change the oil before you go competing.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 04:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

On what I have read I have seen that the DS has more ponies...and will win the a drag. But on the trails Raptor all the way...also it all depends on rider ability.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 08:01 PM

I have watched a DS650 get smoked by a raptor and a banshee....all stock....all new machines....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 03:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just got back from the dunes, and the Raptor will beat a DS650. My buddy and I, who has a Banshee, both raced a stock 650 and beat him on a drag race down the beach and then on a few hill climbs as well. He wouldnt race us on the beach trails, chicken i guess. My Raptor is stock right now, but needs to rev faster in second gear for hill climbing. Time for a pipe and jetting change.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 10:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I myself went to the sand dunes in silver lake and had a blast with my new raptor I only rode it 15 minutes before going out to the dunes and then only went half gas for the first day and rode it easy for about 4 to 6 hours...but then the second day out there i pushed it to the limit racing up and down the beach strip and i was beaten and then i beat down on there riders all in all i had a great time and it all depends on the riders ...i all so met up with some guys that had their raptors for 6 months and that have put pipes,cams and wesco pistons and rings and if you get them off the line there all done...i beat a guy that put $2500 bucks on his raptor and its all on the rider

hail to the raptor

post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 11:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

its not all in the rider. i say the raptor takes it.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]<font color=red>I can put 44's on my 720 can't I?</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]<font color=blue>Who needs finders?</font color=blue>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 02:00 AM
raptor_rider

I just spent last weekend on the dunes in Moses lake, rode with a Quadzilla,2-400 ex's, ds 650, my Banshee, and my Raptor
In a drag race the Quadzilla wins then Banshee, Raptor , 400 EX then DS 650
as far as riding the woops and jumping the dunes NOTHING beats the Raptor
The DS was a close second as far as comfort over the woops(because the weight) and it has pretty good suspention, but I could not get the front tires off the ground, it was a slug off the line but when it got going you could feel the power kick in, and it ran pretty strong
the 400 EX is a real nice all around ride, it handles real good on the woops , it has power to get you up the dunes to lonch off them and it has the suspention to handle the landing on big air
the quadzilla is a 500cc two stroke , that is why it has the best time in a drag race , but it vibrates like crazy, has old tecnology as far as the suspention, so you could'nt hit the woops as hard as the rest,and you could'nt jump off the dunes as far
As far as the Banshee, it speeks for itself its a SCREAMING BANSHEE, you get on the things back, hit the throttle, and hang on,suspention,(old school)

Take it from some one who just rode all the top sports quads out there, (all but the FX 400) Raptor rules the roost

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 03:15 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Kewl, what part of Washington are you from? I used to live in Yakima, Washington. But 7 monthes ago I moved to Florida.. I hate Florida! I sold all my quad's, and now I have none, and there is nowhere to ride, and there is no hill's or dune's.... :P It sucks, i will move back to Washington when i can. : )

I used to go up to moses lake all the time to fishing.. Where do u ride there?

Polaris Rulz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode