Raptor or DS650...? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 05:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor or DS650...?

Hello,

My friend and I just purchased Raptors and are looking forward to our first break-in ride this weekend. We will be hooking up with another guy who has a DS650 (sp?) and he says he will bury the Raptors any day of the week. Is this true...? Each of the untis are stock.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 09:26 PM

Re: Raptor or DS650...?

depends on the rider...race and find out

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 12:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

should be close...it really depends on who's got the balls to keep the gas pinned. put equal riders on the 2 different stock quads and i will bet my money on the Raptor.

Chris
'87 Honda CR125R
'88 Suzuki Quadracer
'99 Kawasaki Prairie 300
Still Lookin For A Yamaha :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 12:13 AM
cleartoy

According to Dirt Wheels, its like this. In a straight line drag race, the DS will usually win.It has 5 more HP on top end. 43vs38. The Raptor comes on sooner and stronger than the DS. The DS is said to be pipey.

It was also said that if your interested in real world riding in conditions that require turning, and normal riding, the Raptor is the winner, because of a more sensible powerband.

im a Banshee rider, so i can understand the benefits of having a machine with great low end vs. all top end power like the Banshee.

Another note, the Raptor is very narrow and short for high speed riding compared to the DS. It depends which context your friend is speaking about. Not always about power.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 12:29 PM

very well put cleartoy....
One other thing to throw out there...is the size difference...a DS650 cant ride the tight trails a raptor will and handling in itself goes to the raptor...its smaller and suspension is by far superior to the DS...

It all comes down to the rider skill and the type of terrain you will be racing in...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 08:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Airborn, your right, but the DS has like 12inches of travel in the back i think, wicked suspension, but heavier than hell. The raptor is by far a better machine....sweet, just actually seen in real life this past saturday, oh man, that is WICKED!

WWWaaaaazzzzzuuuuuuuup!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode