400 ex vs. warrior - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

400 ex vs. warrior

I was reading a post about the ex/warrior thing and someone made a comment that the ex is not faster than the warrior??? I have had quite a few (at least a 1/2 dozen) runs both in the trails and straight up drags. NOT EVEN CLOSE!! I have ran all different size riders and NO AH AH!!
I am 6' 3" and weigh about 260, and my EX gets busy!!
Just my opinion, there are ALL kinds of good q's to ride out there.
DTYD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 12:26 PM

Re: 400 ex vs. warrior

the 400EX is by most people compared to the banshee not the warrior...the warrior is a 350 air cooled ride...the 400EX is a water cooled 400...that in itself is a big difference...

A slightly modified warrior can beat a 400 EX if it is done right...But all in all the warrior is a by far superior machine when it comes to aftermarket mods...the 400EX just doesnt have the availability that the warrior has...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 03:54 PM

the 400ex isnt water cooled it has an oil cooler and cooling fins thats it

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 04:21 PM

ok my bad....oil cooled then....

AirBorn!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 07:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

airborn....
ya need to look PAST the banshees:-) There is ALL kinds of aftermarket stuff for the EX!! Anyhow, its all GOOD!!! Just havin some fun!!!
DTYD

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 09:10 PM

The EX just hasnt gotten the stamp of approval that time in production can give...its 3 years in production?? that is far from a long enough period of time to get a great track record...

I will admit at one time Honda had the "bulletproof" motor and was the dominant one in the industry...but times have changed and they made a huge mistake running away from the atv aspect of off road rides...they need to earn the respect if they want to come back in as a strong contender....
I also wish suzuki would build the zilla again... like the LT500....that was a great ride...

AirBorn!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 10:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Airborn, the 400ex is already a contender, it was in 1999 when it came out. Honda never forgot how to build quads. So it's not as fast as a banshee, it's still a great quad. I personally like the convinence of a 4-stroke, no mixing oil/oil injection whatever. No need to always be up on the rpms. Also, I think the 400ex is the best looking quad out.

Just my personal opinions, not trying to start something.

Andy

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 02:46 AM
raptor_rider

I agree on the 4 stroke convenience but as far as looks NOTHING beats the Raptor

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 04:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I love how everyone just rips into the EX, but at the time I bought mine the Raptor wasnt even out. It has been hailed as quad of the decade by some magazines. Banshees are just too much work. I live at a high elevation and riding mountain trails and stuff with major elevation changes always makes my friends Banshee foul plugs. The EX is a good quad, I just love how all the Yamaha people hate Hondas and vice versa. It shouldnt be that way, its like all the rednecks arguing over Chevy vs. Ford. Just my opinion, we are all just out to ride....

bling bling
http://cashmoneystunna.homestead.com/Quad.html
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 09:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

whats wrong with argueing over Chevy vs Ford? seriously though...its what makes it all fun, everyone rides the quad they feel is the best and if you dont feel like your make or model quad is the best then you should get rid of it and get the one you feel is the best. its not so much what you ride...its how hard you ride it. i think all the manufactures out there today make a good quad...it just depends on what your favorite color is. some quads have a longer history than others...some have a better track record than others. all in all as long as you are happy with what you ride...who cares what anyone else thinks about it. nobody i ride with likes my quadracer...thats cause i always beat'em :-)

Chris
'87 Honda CR125R
'88 Suzuki Quadracer
'99 Kawasaki Prairie 300
Still Lookin For A Yamaha :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode