alittle encouragement needed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

alittle encouragement needed

ok winter is winding down and im thinking ride ride!! and i am planning on ordering a pro ciruit t4 silencer and some maxxis razr tires for the front...but im a little hesitant to spend 350ish bucks ya know! especially the tires i mean my front tires stil hold air pretty good (the right one leaks faster so it pulls to the right after a while) and they still have good tread although it doesnt seem to grip any! so im alittle skiddish in going all out and getting this stuff even though im sure it will have nicer power and handle waayy better so im just looking for some encouragement to buy these things hehe thanks...

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 12:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: alittle encouragement needed

go for it dude! you know you really NEED them. seriously though, have you looked at the Big Gun Exhaust systems for the Warriors? they seem nice. i saw a system on a YZ426 at a local MX race a little while back..and it was awesome. plus the sound of it was just plain mean!

Chris
'87 Honda CR125R
'88 Suzuki Quadracer
'99 Kawasaki Prairie 300
Still Lookin For A Yamaha :-)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 12:50 AM
cleartoy

Warriors could use some extra breathing. Ive ridden a 98 all stock, and it seems like it is suffocated. I would get a slip on exhaust(i hear the front is good) like Big Gun, or FMF. Leave the lid off the air box, install a Pro Flo mount with a Dual Foam filter like Uni, with an outerwear, and jet it up.

Im running Maxiss front tires(they dont say razors)21-7-10 on front of my Banshee, and they steer precisely better than stock dunlops.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 02:18 AM
raptor_rider

hey cleartoy you seem to be the resident jetting master around hear , I was just out on the dunes this last sun. (YIPPIE) had a blast by the way , I have taken my raptor and modified the air box so it can breath then I put the GYT-R pipe on it , now its alittle lean ! my question to you is , do you think going up 4 sizes on both my mains and secondarys is alittle to much or would you just go 3 sizes?

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 02:25 AM
raptor_rider

go for it 98 warrior you have to feel good about your ride in order to be able to trust it , if you cant trust it you wont have as much fun riding it ,you will always wonder WHAT IF I say just go for it , make that ride sweet,its only money

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 04:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just buy the parts ya want- go get the leak fixed and go out and have some fun

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 10:48 AM

yo warr....
The handlling by the tires in the front of the machine, you can justify by saying if it handles better it will be a "safer" ride...thus that is the reason for the tires...the fact they hook up better, have better tread, and hold air better is a mute point now...just a bonus...

as far as the pipe, well, you can justify it by just thinking that with the newer pipe and the fact that it might save your motor because it can "breathe" better, means less money out of your pocket at a later date in time when you have to rebuild the motor because it wasnt breathing well enough...

I say go for it...and if it is any consolation...I spent 700.00 on mine in the last 2 months on parts that I really didnt need...(I justified)

GO FOR IT BROTHA!!!!!!

I would also go with what cleartoy recommended...that sounds very basic and effective...and that is how the warriors I have ridden are basically set up with a few minor alterations...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 11:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

if your going for justification then here goes.
my friend and his four hundred ex99 with 2 years of abuse.
his vavle seals leaked so it blew smoke on start-up
since you are taking the head off you might as well rebuild the top end, if you are gonna rebuild the top end you might as well get a 11:1 wiseco, since your getting the wiseco you might as well do a cam and spring so it breathes better. since you have the axle of to do the carrier bearings you might as well do the chain and sprocket with sidewinder pro o ring and ti moly sprockets. since your drain plug is snapped off in the oil tank you might as well buy a new one for 175 since your spending 175 for stock tank you should spend the extra 75 and go for the larger capacity tank with holes in it for better cooling. since you have that all apart you might as well by the lonestar steering stem since i bent, i mean you bent it (hahaha) your skid plate is done so you might as well get the prm and since your ordering from them get the chassis one too. and since your getting your s-bend e-series welded. you should give that to rob since you gonna pay him a hundred bucks for rebuilding your motor and buy the pro-meg and new headpipe. wait a minute i only needed valve seals??? well 1500 later at least it will really haul azz now!!!!!! prob more like 2000. i swear it wasn't my idea(hahahha) i cant wait to test it out for himm yeah BABBYYY

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 12:08 PM
cleartoy

Generally, 4 strokes dont require as drastic changes in jetting as 2 strokes do. However, if you removed the lid, you will need to get excessively more rich.

When you say modified, did you drill holes, and install those 1" foam vents or?

Also, a problem ive encountered when saying jetting sizes, is how people refer to them. Mikuni main jets go in increments of 5 IE: 370, 375, 380. So is it one size frm 370 to 375 or 5 because of 5 numbers?

On Kehin carbs, main jets go in numeric individual order IE: 138,139,140,141.

In addition to that, i understand that the Raptor has "2 sizes larger main jet" in one carb. So being Mikuni carbs, i would have to assume that is 10 numbers richer.

Without knowing what jets are in the Raptor to start with and assuming sea level heres what i say:

With the pipe and 1" holes drilled in the lid of the box, go up one size(5 numbers) for example.

With the pipe and NO lid on the box, i would go up 4 sizes(20 numbers).

Let me know how it turns out.

What style paddles did you run on it? Ive never ridden a 4 stroke with paddles. Would be interesting.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys...i already have the pro flow deal on there...and about the big guns i never liked them for some reason and the T4 costs the same and looks better...and i have seen dynos that show it gives alittle more power ...so yeah ummm yeah im right next to the phone..just have to get my parents credit card....

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode