Rebuilding Carb - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 08:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rebuilding Carb

Where is the best place to buy a rebuild kit for the carb on an 88 Warrior?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 10:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Rebuilding Carb

I've seen rebuild kit's in dennis kirk. They had kits from two different makers listed. Yamaha should also have any parts you need. Just wondering though, are you going to rebuild it for a specific problem?
In my experience with my own bikes (and others)it's best not to do it if not really needed, when I rebuilt my carb on my atc 185 i found out too late that the aftermarket kit I bought had the wrong parts, even though it said it was correct for my bike. After i finished the bike ran worse than when I started, i found out after a week of looking at it that the emulsion tube got crushed when i rebuilt it(the only part not included in the kit)It cost me $35 and four months of down time. The parts took so long to get i didn't think they would come and accually bought a replacement carb on ebay, which came in the day after my parts.... The needle and needle seat that came with the kit didn't even work together.
If you do decide to rebuild your carb, good luck, and after my last rebuild, double check everything and test fit befor you install all parts

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r, 84 atc 250r (parting out), ATC 185s, 85 Ktm 350mxc
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 10:29 AM

the warrior has a standard mikuni carb doesnt it??? There is not that much to these carbs and no reason to buy a "kit"...what is wrong that is making you want to rebuild it??? if you can give us more details, we might be able to tell you what is happening and may be able to help you fix it cheaper and easier......

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 11:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It basically is dumping fuel out of the over flow. I believe that there is probably some dirt stuck between the needle valve and the seat. I can hear the float move when I shake the carb so I know it is not stuck. However it may be broken off. I just haven't had time to take it apart. The only reason I wanted a rebuild kit was to replace gaskets and the needle valve while I have it apart cleaning it. I am pretty sure I can get away with just cleaning it. I also didn't realize how expencive parts for that carb are.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2001, 03:01 PM

the very first thing I would do is pull the bowl off and see if the float is either full or broken...it sounds like you may have a ruptured float which soaks in gas and makes it heavier and not do its job. Do this before you go out and buy parts...if the bowl is steel, you can most likely tac weld it with brass and it will work...either that or go buy a new bowl...they are a bit spendy but better do it that way then to spend money on unnecessary parts...

Oh there is also a little arm in there that could be tweaked....but if no one has had it off and it just started doing this...then I would suspect a cracked float...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode