What Pipe? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 05:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What Pipe?

I'm looking for a pipe other than the White Bros for my 400ex....Any word on Pro Circuit's T-4 pipe. Any feedback would be great. Pro circiut claims up to 7 horse without requiring a re-jet....sounds kind of strange.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 05:55 PM

Re: What Pipe?

The besst pipe for 400EX i have seen is simply the BIGGUN...refer to off-road.com for a write up on it. I have a friend that ran it and then added that pipe and it was quite the difference....that is my suggestion!!

AirBorn!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 12:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

it's not on a 400 ex, but i've got a pro circuit t-4 on my warrior. i don't know about 7 hp, but it helped alot. before taking off in 2nd gear wasn't easy, but it's cake now. they say you don't have to rejet, but i did anyway. it helped too. if you do go to a dealer and buy the jets. i made the mistake of buying a K&N jet kit. 50 bucks for 3 jets and a needle. you can go to a dealer adn buy the jet you need for 5 bucks or so.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 09:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a FMF powercore4(squared)on my 400 EX.Read many posts and talked to a lot of people before buying this pipe.I love it.it gives a ton of mid to upper range power where the 400EX needs it.Bottm end seemed to lose a bit but got used to that or could probably drop a tooth on frt sprocket.I like this atv enough now I have my banshee for sale.Also with any change to exhaust fou should put a K&N filter on and increase main jet.-Not hard to do at all.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2000, 07:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Check out http://www.geocities.com/~gtthunder/testbed_set.html
They have some good comparison tests and a shootout of pipes, after i read the shootout i was not so high on the big gun anymore.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2000, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just installed a new T-4 on my buddies 400EX last night. Sounds tough. Also rejetted and installed K&N filter. It was raining when we were done so we didn't get to ride it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Will let you know how it runs after we try it out this week.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] enjoy life!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2000, 10:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What did you rejet to and what other mods to carb? My buddy has a 2000 400EX and he's wanting to get more power,

just asking info for him.

woodsracer
99 cross country banshee
99 dodge quad cab 4x4
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2000, 06:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Getting my T-4 today...as far as rejetting, I have a K&N filter and soon the pipe. I went to a #40 pilot and #152 on the main. Will see how it goes today and give some feedback tomorrow. Anyone with jetting advice and more experience please chime on in...I'm no expert. Also didn't feel the need to move the clip on the needle but did screw out the air screw about 1/2 a turn. It idles nice and doesn't seem to have any throttle lag on the low end any more.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2000, 11:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

He had a kit and was reading the altitude chart while I was working on the carb and handed me the main he wanted in it. I will ask him what it was. He said it helped out the low end a lot. He hasn't got to ride against anyone else yet though.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] enjoy life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode