3 wheeler VS Quad - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 09:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

3 wheeler VS Quad

I am contumplating buying one of the two. I have heard that 3 wheelers are more dangerous, but it seems that they are much cheaper. Can anyone help me with the pro's and con's of both. All help is greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Kevin
<><

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2000, 09:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 3 wheeler VS Quad

Hey man, I was just in your situation, my neighbors had a 84' honda 250R 3 wheeler, for $250, runs but beat up, so I took it home but didnt paying for it yet, seeing what I could do with it, my school work has to be good in order for me to buy it. I love the way it handles, slides around turns, fast, real fun to ride, not only are the cheaper in cost, but generally parts are cheaper, one less tire to buy, no A arms or J arms, no front shocks or anything else to worry about. I admit I also rolled it the first time riding it, doing about 8mph and trying to turn sharp, got up on 2 wheels, scared the crap out of me, handed it back wearily, but the second time i rode it, i leaned to the side and it whipped right around the turn!, I cant imagine good tires and chain & sprockets! Now its sitting in my garage, I cant imagine not having it, I can fly through hayfields that were previously plowed that have lots of ruts, I've been able to get it pinned in 5th flying through them it handles so good! another cool thing is if you were to it a bump with the front wheel, the forks would take it up instead of having a front wheel on a 4 wheeler hit it and almost bounce off it and head in the other direction like ive done with a old quadracer 500, real scary! I think my 250r is pretty nimble too. just have to remember theres only 1 wheel up front so you have to be carely jumping, it likes to tilt in the air. what ever you get have fun, later man!

Now quad guys, dont think I'm ripping on 4 wheelers, I dont have the dough being 15 and wanting something racey, after all I'm not spending $3000 for the ****tiest 88' 250r in my area, gotta love the rusty fmf plantinum pipe, motor covered with crap and junk, on top of the skidplate under the motor was covered in soaked and oily grass, did i mention it had extra rims with it? came with nice BALD tires! -Mike

74' DT100 78' IT175 84' ATC250R 85' K20 88' CR250R
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 01:42 PM

Well, I have ridden all types of 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers and as far as the danger, it all depends on who is on them and the state of mind that person is in. I have crashed everything from 2 wheels to 4 wheels and basically it wasnt the machine that crashed it was me being a moron... i can admit it. So as far as which one, it is all depending on what you can afford and what you feel comfortable on. My recommendation to you is ride both and pick the one you feel the most comfortable on. Comfort is next to safety. Plus if you arent comfortable, you wont enjoy it to its maximum.

AirBorn!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 03:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

make it easy on yourself just buy both!!8 i like 4 wheelers better in everything but the snow. the atc's more fun than almost any other machine in the snow cause they slide out so well.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 04:36 PM

Well, I personally like the 4 wheeler better, and have no problems whatsoever with the slide. They are more stable in most cases, and that is just merely a fact, not a personal thing...4 points will always be more stable then 3 points. Anyway, I wish you the best in your choices!!!

AirBorn!!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 07:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have both, a banshee and a 350X. I like the banshee a lot more but that was cause i didnt ride the 350X taht much..now i am restoring my shee and i ride the 350 all the time and i like it alot..it takes some getting used to. i still really miss my banshee it is so smooth and so much faster. a few more weeks, actually another month and i will once again ride the banshee. i cant wait.

ps-the 350X is now forsale to help pay for the banshee parts

<font color=blue> "Loofer" </font color=blue>
<font color=red>'88 Banshee</font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 09:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How much do you wnat for your 350x!!!!

Pacman

" If you can't go through, around or under it, then go over it!!!"
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2000, 03:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Any one else have any comments on Quads VS ATV's?

Kevin
<><

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode