banshee carb size?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 07:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

banshee carb size??

I am working on a stock banshee for a friend with stock exhaust and the thing starts good idles good but when accelerating more than 1/4 throttle it smocks pops back fires fouls plugs, my question is should it have mikuni t 34 flat slid carbs? are these carbs too big the needle is in the lowes position and has 260 mains...... Please help!!!!!

woodsracer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2000, 07:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: banshee carb size??

woodsracer;
Stock carbs for a banshee is mikuni's 26mm. those 34's are WAY too big for a stock motor w/ stock pipes. I think thats the whole problem with getting it running correctly. I am sure if you hunt around the net you can find a set of stockers fairly cheap. I would only run 34's or 35's on a built motor, and from what your saying its stock... I am supprised that it even idles.

good luck

walter
88 banshee 370
95 dodge ram 4x4
99 Quadbuddy
http://members.xoom.com/banshee370/

Banshee370(connecticut)
88 banshee
99 quadbuddy
95 Ram 4x4SLT
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2000, 09:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

does anyone have a set of stock 26 mm carbs for a banshee or a 2-1 carb and intake cable and throttle for sale?

woodsracer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2000, 10:37 AM
cleartoy

After reading your post, i cant decide if you are merely inquiring about the 34MM carbs, or are they actually on the bike?

Those carbs are too big for a stock bike. I have a ported motor with pipes and headwork, and im still running the stock carbs.

I cant give any info about jetting aftermarket carbs.

-cleartoy

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 01:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes cleartoy, thease carb are on a 88 stock banshee, the gut bought it for $1,300 , it would start and idle and pull moderately under 4,000 RPM but smoked BAD and fouled plugs on the guy every time he rode it, so he brought it to me the nieghborhood mechanic and its a worn out machine but the motor had just been rebuilt and has greet compression just ran like sh!t, and all the susspipesion is worn out hes going to pay me to fix these things, I just needed advise about the carbs. thanks

woodsracer

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2000, 01:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yes cleartoy they are on the quad, and the quad is stock, and I agree that the carbs are too big, just dont know if I can jet them to run on a stock banshee with stock exhaust. they have # 260 mains and the needle is in the lowest position. I just put my stock carbs of my banshee with # 270 mains and dyno jet kit and # 30 pilots and the thing runs like new, let me know about those big 34mm carbs if the will work if re jetted or should the guy who owns the quad sell them and buy some stoch carbs.

thanks
woodracer

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 12:51 AM
cleartoy

I think the guy should get some stock carbs, and call it a day.

I dont think any amount of jetting will allow that bike to run properly with those carbs.

-cleartoy

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 06:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

No matter how much you try and jet them carbs leaner it will still run like crap! Those carbs flow way too much for a stock motor and especially w/ stock pipes! I am running a big bore long rod and as of right now I have been running the stock carbs. I am going to a set of 35PWKs as soon as they come off back order. BUT I know that my motor can pull them.
There was a set of stock carbs on ebay a few weeks ago... I would post around the net on different forums looking for a set of stockers. good luck

Walter
88 Banshee 370
95 Dodge Ram 4x4
99 Quadbuddy
http://members.xoom.com/banshee370/
http://www.kandkatv.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 04:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey walter would you be interested in buying these 34 mm mikunies with the cable? just make me an offer.

woodsracer

99 cross country banshee
99 dodge quad cab 4x4
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2000, 07:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

woodsracer;
I need the new style 35PWK AirStrykers.... Do you know what model those 34's are? Or how old they are?
I may know someone interested

walter

Banshee370(connecticut)
88 banshee
99 quadbuddy
95 Ram 4x4SLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode