Snow Performance - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 08:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Snow Performance

I have a zuki king quad... true 4X4... and it sucks in the snow and I wish it had better traction. Do other 4x4 owners have this problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 11:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Snow Performance

Do you Have GOOD Tire's on It? If not try Stepping Up to Some More aggressive tires with some more bite...I Dunno, Just seems like it would help with traction to me...

"Wastin Away Again In Margaritaville"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 03:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have an LT500 Suzuki king quad. The stock tires were junk so I put a set of "Excavators" by DURO on it and what a difference. These are aggresive snow and mud tires. They are 4 ply and the lug is about 7/8 inch high. They go straight onto the stock 8 X 12 (front) and 10 X 12 (rear) wheels. They are cheep to purchase and the 4 ply should last well in the sharp sticks. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 04:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How much were those tires... I don't want to lose all my power with big tires... i know i will lose some speed though. Jayone how fast does your bike do... mine does around 50

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 05:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Again i would suggest outlaw tires my 500 quadrunner goes right though 28 inches of SNOW!!!!!! I have lost a little
bit of power but no performance the hunting and 4bying i do up here in alaska speed is not the awnser ground clearance, traction, and tourqe are the key factors. what are your intentions?? Later AKMONSTER4X4

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 06:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have no need for 28 inch outlaws. I coulnd't pull them with my quad and I ride on too much hard pack to need outlaws. They are extremely aggressive mud tires that I don't need.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode