Hey Cleartoy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 06:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Cleartoy

Last i heard you decided on getting a raptor, right? I was just thinking, what do you think about the LT500R. I mean come one, it has the power you want, heard it has a great stock suspension. I dunno just a thought, i may try and get one this summer if i sell my banshee. Either that or a ATK406 dirtbike(friend has one for cheap). Let me know what you think on the subject.

<font color=blue> "Loofer" </font color=blue>
<font color=red>'88 Banshee</font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
It is not about "WHAT" you ride, It is about "IF" you ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 09:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Hey Cleartoy

Loofer, not to butt in or anything, but I had a totally tricked LT500 but it would got through headgaskets every ride. It also boiled over alot. If you are going to get one get a 1989-1990. That is about the only years they were worth a salt. Here's a pic of my old one.

I have lot's of toys, 4 Runner, 99 Warrior, Odyssey 96 YZ125 etc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-327141-frontside.jpg (5.4 KB, 30 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 11:19 PM
cleartoy

Welp, im still breaking in my Banshee, per CTs online walkthrough. Im having good success. Im doing all the heat cycles required this time, and it runs smooth. I have about 1 hr on it so far.

Im thinking about keeping it if it will stay reliable. Im monitoring coolant, i have cooling upgrades:Toomey Radiator, Pro Design Water Impeller and Cool Head.
Now i have a dual foam filter with an Outerwear on top of a Toomey intake to keep out the dust.

I did some research on the Raptor, and found some plusses, like the bolt pattern being the same as the Banshees, Twist throttle and pipes are available, supposedly good all around power. I would need to sell my bike first, then find a dealer willing to waive the $1500 set up fee(local dealer is charging that on top of $6499MSRP). Then i would have to start over with a wider rear axle(+4 Eliminator or +6 X33 Dura Blues) and +3" wider A ARms, twist throttle, and exhaust.

So the idea of getting a Raptor is on hold right now. I have heard problems of reliability on the Suzuki. I dont even like Suzis anyways. I like Honda #1(too bad their hottest bike is a 400EX) and Yamaha#2. I wouldnt consider buying anything else.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 11:36 PM

I wouldnt touch anything but a yamaha right now...nothing else has proven itself worthy of buying...
the old zillas were nice, but I am on a few group lists and they are constantly rebuilding them....Mine is only apart because I got bored....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 06:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy:
I am glad to hear that your breakin is going well...... Did you end up using weisco pistons? After a long talk w/ Dave from MP racing...... he told me that the weiscos need alot of heat cycles before they are ready to rip. My last rebuild I went w/ CT tips...... but I went to the extreme. I would do a heat cycle in the am before work (neighbors hated me that week) and would let it cool down.... come home from work and do it again. How does your plug look? Do you have a compression guage? If you do I would do a quick check of both cyls. and make a note of it for the next check after a few rides on it.

I am glad to hear that its going well so far..... keep us all up todate on how its going.

walter

Banshee370(connecticut)
88 banshee
99 quadbuddy
95 Ram 4x4SLT
http://members.xoom.com/banshee370/
http://www.kandkatv.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode