Lifted Golf Carts ????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Lifted Golf Carts ?????

Do any of you have lifted carts????
I am going to get a Golf Cart in the next few weeks, and doing a 6" to 9" lift to it, putting "Douglas" wheels, and 25" or 26" tires, on it.
Just going to be my family crusier (1=wife, 2=kids, 1= icechest[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]).
Probably going to get a EZ-GO or a YAMAHA, Right now I am leaning towards the YAMAHA (Then I can paint it to match my Raptor [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img])
Any one have any info I should know????

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 04:56 PM

Re: Lifted Golf Carts ?????

ok one question....WHY??? I just gotta know....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Just for a "family cruiser" mainly for the dunes. Can you see these pics???

This one has a 1000cc Kawasaki mtr, w/ NOS kit. and runs over 100 MPH !!!

Here's another

Another,

And another,

I think it is mainly a west coast thing [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] for now....

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 07:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HOLY SH#@! Where did you get those pictures? And, do you have any more information on them!?
Thanks,
Chris

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 10:34 PM

very interesting...but if its just for cruising why the nitro and stuff? that sounds more like hauling to me

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 10:59 PM

ahahahahaha sounds more like tooooo much time on someones schedule!!!!!!

that is tooo funny....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 02:28 AM
raptor_rider

Lifted Golf Carts NOW I'VE HEARD IT ALL, looks like some poeple have just entirely toooo much time OR tooo much money!!!

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2001, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Carts are the "big thing" at the dunes now. And of course everybody has to try to outdo everybody else[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
The way I look at it is, A lot of the time my family and myself are just sitting back watching other people do crazy stuff, Example "Dirtbike jumps", "sand drags". with the cart you have your own shade, you have enough sitting for 4 people, and enough room for a full size ice chest!
I was honestly VERY surprised how well they do off road once you lift them, put some tires on it, they normally have about a 250cc two stroke, or around a 300cc four stroke as stock original equipment. On the Yamaha 2 stroke if you put a Banshee carb on it and a different pipe, that's about all you need to bring it to life [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You can imagine how restrictive the original exhaust is (shhh...people are Golfing [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img])
Now alot of people put snowmobile motors in them, that way there is no clutch, no shifting, and lots of power, these guys race up competition hill in Glamis, pull wheelies, and shoot roosters !!!..
My family and I also go to the drags races and car shows a lot, I sold my drag car a while back but we still normally hang out in the pits with friends and help with their cars, again these carts are great you can use them to run errands, & trips to the concessions & bathrooms, or just to cruise around an check out all the other cars, we even use them as TOW & CHASE cars at the drags!
Also for me, the main place I ride my Raptor is a big gravel pit about a mile from my house, there is 70 or so people ridding there every weekend, motor homes and the whole bit like a very scaled down version of Glamis! there is around 10 carts that go out there and it would be perfect for the wife and kids if we had one.
Here are a few more pics, I get these from http://www.cycletrader.com do a search for "Cart" or "Golf Cart" don't specify any other info and you will find lots of them

another

another

and another

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode