Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   ATV Lounge (https://forums.off-road.com/atv-lounge/)
-   -   order has been placed.... (https://forums.off-road.com/atv-lounge/56023-order-has-been-placed.html)

AirBornBanshee 02-06-2001 01:00 PM

order has been placed....

I have placed my order for my pipes and now just figuring the cool head part out. I ordered the FMF SST pipes and silencers and will be ordering the coolhead, but I am still a bit concerned about the dome sizes...what is stock? 24 isnt it?? If I am running 112 psi, I should be able to increase that by going with 21 CC domes.

When they ported and polished this machine, I swear the people that did it should have been shot...There were NO changes made with it at all when they did it. I have the head off and I looked closely and it looks like a stage 2 port and polish. By doing this, and not changing the domes, the psi goes away, so I am changing that and putting it to a good 130-150psi is my hopes by going to a 21cc....

I cant wait, although the pipes are backordered for 3 weeks....

wish me luck yall...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

cleartoy 02-06-2001 03:35 PM

Re: order has been placed....

I have been told that 22.5cc is stock.

Im running 21cc domes which is the smallest you can go without running race fuel.

Let us know how it works.

Ive been steadilly and faithfully following CT Racings break in schedule on my Banshee, and am having excellent progress.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

AirBornBanshee 02-06-2001 05:01 PM

well the SSTs are backordered for another 3 weeks and they have been backordered for over a month already...I am now thinking about switching my order to toomey pipes, although the SSTs really got my interest peaked...

I talked to a few guys that have 20 and 18 cc domes that run 92 octane...
The dome size will also depend on the altitude that is at least what I have been told. I have put in a call to pro design for more information on this because for 63.00 a dome size is not what I wanna spend...

Bottom line I am still deciding if coolheads is what I wanna do. Will it really give me that much more...man i hate decisions....

AirBorn!!

AirBornBanshee 02-09-2001 06:01 PM

the pipes are on backorder but they called me today and said it has been sent...I get my toys in about 5 days!!! I AM SOOOO FREAKIN EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chromed SSTs and silencers!!!

AirBorn!!

cleartoy 02-10-2001 12:32 AM

Cool! I hope you like them. I understand they are a grip more than Fatties!

-cleartoy

Got sand?

AirBornBanshee 02-12-2001 10:48 AM

a grip?? Not sure what you mean...

From the reports I have read they do what I want...I dont need top end...these tend to give more all around...that is what I am looking for...
Once I get the pipes and get the motor back together, I will be messing with the carb to get it running PUUUURRRRRRfect....I can not wait!!

AirBorn!!

cleartoy 02-13-2001 01:08 AM

A grip more, means alot more, as in $$$$$$$. Alba is selling the SST pipe kit for about $750 if I rememeber right!

Have fun.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

AirBornBanshee 02-13-2001 10:52 AM

oh heck, I paid 650 for a new trailer tire, gear shifter, gloves, pipes and silencers...

I think the pipes and silencers were about 570.00

I went on a spree of spending :)

AirBorn!!

raptor_rider 02-13-2001 08:29 PM

TIS THE SEASON TO SPEND MONEY FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA :-)

Ride hard, Lifes short

AirBornBanshee 02-14-2001 10:47 AM

NOOOO kidding....I am bouncin off the walls at the moment...waiting and waiting...I am telling ya...its making me crazy....

They should be here in the next couple days and I am just stoked...

and yes it was either buy parts or pay off some bills....ahahaha parts baby!!!!!!

AirBorn!!