set up fee - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 12:00 AM
cleartoy

set up fee

The dealers are charging a set up fee on top of MSRP. On a Raptor, it was $1500, a Banshee was $800 as was the Bombardier.

The items covered under this fee are:Set up, freight, space on showroom floor, overhead, profit, and markup.

Is this BS or what? Anybody else have experience with this or having it waived if you had cash in hand, or flat out refused to pay it?

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 07:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: set up fee

That's a bunch of BS that they are doing that. They are making enough on that machine why do they need to get Greety?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 10:01 AM

its a bunch of crap

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 11:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy, That is way too much. Up here in Wa. set up is only $250. I refused to pay it and pitted two dealers against each other. I did not pay set up or freight, and got a free helmet, for less than msrp. I found a website lastnight, charges $10 for dealer invoice on atvs at:
http://www.atvprice.com/yamaha.htm I havent used it but it is a shot.
Good luck, and don't let the salesman tell you he ain't making any money.

soggyrider

Ride it like you stol' it!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 02:46 PM
raptor_rider

When I bought my Raptor I was suposed to pay a $4oo.oo set up fee the dealer ate half then when I actualy picked it up, he ate the other ,When I bought my Banshee and Blaster (as a package ) they did the same (waived the fees) so dont let them screw ya!!!

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 10:36 AM
cleartoy

Soggy, thanks a bunch for the info. The site informed me that the Dealer Invoice for an '01 Raptor is $5492. That is the base dealer cost including freight to the dealership.

It costs the dealer $40 to set the bike up(per Yamaha price sheet)without any reimbursement from Yamaha.

So their ready to sell cost is $5532. If they sold it at that price, they would make no profit. So if they sell it for the MSRP of $6499, they make a profit. My local dealer wants to charge $1500 set up fee on top of $6499 for a nice profit!!!!!!!

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 12:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can't beleive the demand is so high they think they can get away with that kind of mark up. I'm glad the web site was able to help.
soggyrider

Ride it like you stol' it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode