....spoiled my ride. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 08:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

....spoiled my ride.

We had a little get together yesterday at a friends house to break in the newest section of our 1.4 mile track. Nothin' big just five guys, two on quads and three bikes. After a couple hours most everybody went in the shop to warm up by the stove but me and Mike who was on his yz. Well mike ain't such a good rider and the track was pretty slick. He was behind me going into a nasty downhill hairpin s turn when I lost him. When I finally figured out he wasn't behind me I went back to find him layed out beside his bike. He got crossed up and didn't let the bike go. He took a foot peg in the inner thigh. I have never in my life seen such a BIG gash. I had to use my knee to stop the flow of blood. We got mike to the hospital 15 miles away, and only lost a pint of blood. He got fourty stitches in a six inch gash. Other than that and a big bruise he is doing fine. The bike suffered no damage but kept a good peice of mikes leg stuck in the foot peg. I guess the morale of this story is If you don't already know first aid you should learn it. You could save somebodies life. Mike said he would replace my riding pants and my jersey if the stains don't come out. I was thinking about giving them to him.

soggyrider

Ride it like you stol' it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ....spoiled my ride.

Good to hear that you were able to help a fellow rider in need. This is a prime example of why we all need to ride in pairs at the minumum.

I have lot's of toys, 4 Runner, 99 Warrior, Odyssey 96 YZ125 etc...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 11:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Something similar happened to me a while back. My friend broke his shin bone (it was sticking out of the skin). Pretty scary considering that could have been me. Glad to hear your buddy is okay.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 11:51 PM

Sorry, Jeep8719 is my brother login name, and he didn't log out and I didnt relize before I posted.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode