Will Banshee rims fit Raptor? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 03:48 PM
cleartoy

Will Banshee rims fit Raptor?

Just wondering. I have a 93 Banshee,and i know the rims fit my girls 98 Warrior...........

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 04:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Will Banshee rims fit Raptor?

Yes i believe they will fit. u thinkin of gettin rid of th shee??

<font color=blue> "Loofer" </font color=blue>
<font color=red>'88 Banshee</font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
It is not about "WHAT" you ride, It is about "IF" you ride.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 06:36 PM
cleartoy

Regrettably, yes. When this bike runs right, it is an absolute adreniline rush to ride......However it fails and leaves me stranded. Im tired of rebuilding on a consitant basis,and im tired of having to buy 2 of every engine part and double labor for machine work. It is breakin me financially, and I am sick of it. Im thinkin, once i finish this LAST rebuild, and break it in properly......I will sell it. It should sell no problem, with the engine work, Toomey radiator, +2" A arms, +4"axle.

I want to buy a reliable 4 stroke with decent power. The only one that comes to mind is the Raptor.The DS is too heavy. The EX is not up to par.

I just want to be able to buy something, and not have to modify the engine. Oh sure, when i get a Raptor, ill add a pipe, dual foam filter, twist throttle, +3" arms and 4-6" rear axle, but thats it!..

First things first. Putting the Banshee together tommorow, and start the long drawn out process of breakin it in nice and slow. There will be no room for error this time.

Once it is broken in and im satisfied with its condition. I will put it up for sale.

Step 3 is once the bike is sold, i will buy a Raptor. Alot of dealers in my area(San Diego County) advertise that deposits are required to buy a Raptor. I know of one dealer about 45 min from me that had 3 or 4 of them. Im not so sure.

Anyways, probably a longer post than you anticipated.

Im gonna miss the screamin acceleration of this bike though......

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 09:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy, Motoworld of El CAjon has 2-3 in stock right now with no deposit req'd. Same applies with Alba in Poway. I hope to be up and running in about 3 weeks. I just need to wait for TimmyBoy to build my Arms for me.

I have lot's of toys, 4 Runner, 99 Warrior, Odyssey 96 YZ125 etc...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 09:06 PM
raptor_rider

Wise choice..... I have a Banshee and a Raptor, like you I have lots of mods on the Banshee,I have verry few on the Raptor,I do agree, the Banshee is an adrenaline rush, the Raptor is a cruzzzzer, scence I got the Raptor I have'nt had a desire to even get on let alone ride the Banshee, it has all the power I want the (puss) ride and I can slow down and ride with my ol lady,and I dont overheat(like I did on the Banshee) and to answer your question YES the Banshee rims fit the Raptor

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 10:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy, Just a note concerning the banshee engine. When assembling did you check the piston to cylinder clearance? .oo24-.oo26 Ring gap? .012-.018 If these are too tight there will be problems. How about pressure test? Cheap to make check MacDizzy.com for instructions. I check both my Banshee's every couple trips just to be on the safe side. Hope it stays together this time!!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 10:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy do you have any partsfor the banshee that you are going to sell?

<font color=red>'88 Banshee</font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 01:57 AM
cleartoy

Jafferi, thanks for the tips on those dealers.

Raptor Rider, glad to hear about your fondness of your Raptor VS. modified Banshee. Also that the rims fit. I have ITP reinforced race ring rims on my Banshee now, so i can just save em for the Raptor.

Sand Maniac: im not that knowledgeable about checkin ring gap. Is that something that is done while the piston is in the cylinder, or before it is in the cylinder?

Loofer, my first plan is to try to get $6000 for the bike as is. If it doesnt happen, then i will remove the long A Arms, axle, Toomey Radiator,pipes, and so on, parting them out and selling the bike for less.

Thanks you all for your support, advice and knowledge!!!!!!!!

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 07:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy, FYI the piston to cylinder clearance is checked with a feeler gauge with the piston slipped in the cylinder with out rings. If its less than 2.5 thousands when the piston expands it will seize in the bore. It would need to be honed larger. Ring gap is checked with just a ring in the bore. Needs to be .012-.018 at the gap or same thing can happen. Can be carefully filed to get the correct clearance.
Still can't stress the importance of the pressure test. Without it even with new parts you will never know if you have an air leak until its too late. Hope this helps.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 09:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sandmaniac...when i put my motor back together i want to do a leak down test but do not want to buy the pricey kit. it there a cheap and easy way to make my own or do you think it would be easier to take it to a dealer and have them do it. or will they charge a arm and a leg like everything else they sell me??? thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode