200X carb question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 12:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

200X carb question

I have a 1986 ATC200X. The person who had it before me put a 1984 carb on it (PD62). What is the difference between a Keihin PD62 and a PD64? Is there performance to be gained back here by switching back to the PD64? Also, what other alternative carbs could be put on my '86 200X to increase performance. Perhaps a PWK?? I am in the process of rebuilding the engine. Mild cam will be used in conjunction with decking the top of the cylinder by 1mm.

Thanks,

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 01:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 200X carb question

I dont really know about the carbs...but I know how to get the most of the 200x...I got a BAD --- one!

I had it ported and polished, the head milled, an ultralite wiseco piston, a .030 over bore, web long duration cam, drilled holes in the airbox lid, 13(soon to have 14) tooth front sprocket, high performance clutch plates, and pull the baffle out of the pipe...you will then have a 3 inch exhaust...it gains alot of low end power, rid yourself of your engine skid if you dont ride on rocks, if just normal use you dont need it, and it also has a custom bilstein rear shock...it is 4 sale for 1200$...it is ugly though...no front fender,rear is cracked, and the seat is torn...oh it also has a durablue axel(old one) and durablue wheelspacers...

It will go 75 in the bottom of 4th gear...never got it out of that gear...need to long of a straight stretch...none around here....most of the power is in upper 2nd and all thru 3rd....

This thing is MEAN.

Daniel

" If you can't go through, around or under it, then go over it!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode