Scrambler? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 01:57 PM
GTA

Scrambler?

Hey folks, you've got a new guy here.(sorry) I am about to make my first ATV purchase, although, I'm not new to ATV riding. I've narrowed down my purchase choices to the 2001 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4. It is the only machine on the market that seems to fit all my prefferences, (4x4(selectable), auto, lots of travel & clearance, lots of power, 4-stroke for towing light loads) Any EDUCATED opinions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 07:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Scrambler?

Welcome to the site! This is a very good site and you will find lots of info here. There are some sharp ATV people here. Enjoy what ever you get and Lots of Luck! I have a Polaris Magnum and love it! It does anything I ask of it. Good choice. You will like it. I have two friends with other model Polaris and they are nice machines too, Cant's beat the suspension.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 05:19 PM
GTA

Is there another ATV on the market that meets these criteria?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 06:16 PM

if you dont neccisarily want a sportish quad maybe you could look into kawasaki new 650 twin it looks to be a monster auto tranny masive balls swatchable 4 wheeldrive with fromt locker etc...

<font color=red>Quench</font color=red> <font color=orange>my</font color=orange> <font color=red>thirst</font color=red> <font color=orange>with</font color=orange> <font color=red>gasoline</font color=red>
<font color=blue>--The Wicked Warrior of The East</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 03:01 AM
raptor_rider

your in the right area with Polaris, Yamaha has the Wolverine but its only 350 cc and is full time 4 wheel drive,If you do get the Scrambler, I suggest you put a pipe and clutch kit in it (you will be amazed at the power differance)

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 12:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got a 2000 SC500 4x4. Love it, has never let me down yet. I've put a K&N air filter and rejetted it. The things runs great. Just a helpful hint: If your on hard pan. DON'T full throttle it. You'll be looking at the stars. I found out the hard way. Kinda makes ya feel...well ya know.. silly?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 09:57 AM
GTA

Thanks for all of the info you guys! I am looking for more of the quad style bike. And I do like the idea of seeing stars!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode