ATV Insurance? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 12:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ATV Insurance?

Hi all,

Does anyone here have insurance on their ATV for theft,etc?
If so-who do you use, do they have a website and what do you pay a year?
Progressive told me $695 per year-seems a bit high for a bike used in the woods.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 06:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ATV Insurance?

If you store it in your garage, it could be covered under your home owners insurance, or renters insurance. if you store it the back yard, chain it to a pit bull or a big concrete block. I dug a big hole in the ground and mixed 4 bags of concrete, and put a one and a half inch dia. eye bolt with 2 big steel spanners on it in the cement. Drive the atv over it and run a heavy chain thru the frame and padlock it to the ground. The dog house is right next to the quad just out side my bedroom. It was a lot of work to go thru but I don't have to worry about my toy. My car on the other hand has been stolen right from my driveway and broken into twice!

Ride it like you stol' it!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 06:58 PM

I have my atv insurance through my vehicle insurance...progressive is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive for me....

I dont recall what I pay but it is minimal considering, and I also have it set to about4500 if it is stolen....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 08:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Kodiakrob,
I have a full coverage policy on my Recon. It is $71.00 a year. It is thru ATV-line.com or u can call 1-888-755-4ATV
For now I have a $500.00 Accessory allowance, but I'll change that after I get my winch. I hope this helps!!!

1997 Recon
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 12:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got full coverage on two quads. Polaris 500 4x4 Scrambler and a Trailboss 325. I've got $11,000 total replacement if stolen and accidental if messed up in a wreck and $25,000 if someone gets hurt on one of them. I have Country Companies and pay $375.00 a year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode