Toomey Racing - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 11:13 PM
cleartoy

Toomey Racing

I wanted to let everyone know that I have recieved excellent customer service from Toomey Racing. They are quick and accurate, and always willing to offer advice.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 02:45 AM
raptor_rider

Re: Toomey Racing

right on cleartoy I have had nothing but good luck with them myself first when I bought my pro kit , then I got rearended on the track and bent one of my mufflers,it did'nt even take a week and I had my new one RIGHT ON TOOMEY, By the way Cleartoy did you decide to use toomey pipes?

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 10:54 AM
cleartoy

I have their radiator and 2:1 filter with Uni.

Stickin with the FMF pipes for now.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 07:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy:
In the last few months I have been back and forth w/ diff engine builders...... I am in the process of building a spare motor for my banshee. I want a low budget drag motor for the 1 time I year I get to play in a sandbox<g> The 2 motor builders that hold any credit w/ me came back and told me the same thing. "FMF's are great on an un-ported motor" As soon as you start cutting on them, its changes everything. The T5's were designed more towards a ported motor but work very well on a stocker. I went and sold my T5's and bought a set of SST's(too late now) I am kicking myself for not waiting to hear back from who is building my motor. I will try them out...... and if they dont work well on my 370lr I will just sell them If you get a chance... take a look at the rebuild I am doing. I am tired of hearing the biased opinions of the magazines so I am going to do an article on my site and atvsource.com on the rebuild. A full write up on the SST's will follow soon too..... as soon as it stops snowing and this white crap on the ground melts
http://www.teleport.com/~mpracing/mpracing/Page_2.html

walter
http://members.home.net/banshee370/

Banshee370(connecticut)
88 banshee
99 quadbuddy
95 Ram 4x4SLT
http://members.xoom.com/banshee370/
http://www.kandkatv.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 10:13 PM
cleartoy

Wow, you have a well equipped Banshee.

Thats good info on the porting vs. pipes. My porter told me to get Toomeys or Paul Turners, but i could afford neither at the time. I scored a great deal on the FMF Fatty torque plus' for $360 new.

I hear so many people rave about the Toomeys. id love to get a set. Id have to find someone first that will buy my Current FMFs and the old set i have(pre Fatty).

Ill talk shop anytime. Also, can you tell me about your shift star mod? Is it the Trinity?

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 06:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy:
Thanx alot.. I have put alot into my shee over the last 11 years. I have talked w/ alot of diff engine builders over the years and I got tired of dealing w/ "send it to me and we will 'port' it". Reading the magazines is a bunch of bs also.... While I am not saying that there arent otehr good builders out there, I have found 2 great people to deal w/ and I dont see a need to go anywhere else. I dont think you would have a problem selling your fmf's I had sold my old T5's w/o even putting an add on the net or the paper. I used to have a set of the older fmf's. I sold them and bought the T5's and was shocked at the amount of low end I had gained over the torque plus fmf's, while still gaining a ton on top end!
As for the shift star.... the one I have in my 370 now was done at CT racing, The shift star thats in my spare motor will be done my MP racing in oregon. I will have detailed pics of the shift star before and after on my site. I will also be cutting my gears for better shifting also. Those pics will be up also. As for trinity... I wouldnt send them my lawnmower.
I will post a note here in the forums as soon as I update the website on this rebuild. I also hope to have some pics soon of the SST's, unfortunatly we just got hit w/ 10+ inches of snow so I wont be out riding for a while

walter
http://members.home.net/banshee370

Banshee370(connecticut)
88 banshee
99 quadbuddy
95 Ram 4x4SLT
http://members.xoom.com/banshee370/
http://www.kandkatv.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 02:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 89 banshee that i bought brand hew, it has a set of fmf pipes and silencers. Also i changed the gearing. It has the original pistons and rings. AlI have had to do over the years is the regular maintance. I ride alot has any one ever heard of such a thing. My buddies banshees are always blowing up so they are always boring them out. My banshee is one of the fastes around I dont lose to many races. I was wondering if I should re-ring it but I am afraid to rip such a good motor apart. Why? has anybody ever had such good luck with a 2 stoke.

keep rippen
NOT FOR SALE IN WISCONSIN!!!!!(D)

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 02:55 PM
cleartoy

IF it aint broke, dont mess with it! Do a compression check first. I think stock is 125-130psi.

You are doing right by regular maintenece. Do you use a dual foam filter?

KNs let sand DUST by very easy.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 04:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My compression is 120 lbs. I use a k&n air filter. Every time I clean it the inside of the filter is absolutly spottless. Iv'e heard bad things about foam filters, I'm happy with K&N. Thank You

KICK IT BACK

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 10:58 PM
raptor_rider

I have a 2000 Banshee and I (like you ) have'nt lost a race even on the track(beginers class)it was my first year on a 4 wheeler,now 2nd. I have the Tommey T-5 pro kit in mine ,regular maintainance,it purrs like a kitten (BANSHEE-ADRENALINE RUSH , RAPTOR - PURE PLEASURE

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode