stall - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2001, 09:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

stall

I have a 98 Cat 300 4x4 every now and then when I cant make it up a hill and I dig down into the deep sand that I ride in (hardly ever happens) I cant make it anay farther
and my quad stalls. Is this normal? The hills are pretty steep like past 55 degrees.hat should I do? And I was riding in the snow last weekend and I cant get thru anything deeper than a little past the skid plate, should I get bigger tires or a lift kit?? Thanks

Win if you can,
loose if you must but....
always cheat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2001, 10:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: stall

I never drove a 4x4 in sand but i do know that i have dug into sand going up hills in the past on my 2x4 quads when i lost momentum. Gaining speed and keeping full throttle has always been the answer for me whem I have the room, But when it's not an option, making the bike lighter or using different tires may be. This may help with traction and keep you from digging in.
As for the snow, a little snow is fun, but when it gets deep it can be verry difficult to ride.
We really don't get much deep snow where i live, This is really the first season where i have a running bike and also have 6" of snow (well ice now) that stuck around. I was not impressed with the performance of my atc 185s when i went out for a ride (this was when it was still comming down). The bike would not stay in a straight line, the rear end swapped side to side, and plowing through the snow i could not get the bike out of second gear, and even when it was in second i only got it up to 7 mph or so. I found it to be more fun spinning around on the ice.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r, 84 atc 250r (parting out), ATC 185s, 85 Ktm 350mxc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode