I am gonna buy a sport quad, advice anyone? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2000, 02:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am gonna buy a sport quad, advice anyone?

I like riding aggressively and spending some time in the air. I haven't gotten to ride alot of sport quads for an extended period. I know what I like, but tell me, which brands suck? Which Brands Rock? I'm going to buy something probably used. I have seen some decent Mohave's, one tecate, one warrior and a couple of 250x's. Which would be best for me? Maintenence/care taking is an issue. I don't want something I gotta fix on a regular (every time I ride it) basis. I ain't no little boy either 6'-2" and about 290lbs.
Thanks for any advice, I'll take all the help I can get.

P.S. I live in the midwest and would probably be riding trails a good part of the time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2000, 03:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I am gonna buy a sport quad, advice anyone?

The Warrior is probably your best bet because it is fast, reliable, and is easy to maintain. My friend
has one that he bought a few years ago new and he hasn't even had to change the plug. The only thing
i don't like about sport quads (all of them) is that they are chain drive, as soon as you hit some mud
or water you are replacing the chain. If I were buying a new quad I would buy either a new a new
Yamaha Wolverine because they are 4x4, fast, and shaft drive, or a new rancher for all the same reasons.
I hope this helped

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2000, 04:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I am gonna buy a sport quad, advice anyone?

I myself would sugest buying either a Honda or a Suzuki 250r, or if you realy feel fast, a Quadzilla. These machines are 2 stroke, which means they will need to be taken care of, if you abuse it and do not take care of they will not run good, but that is the factor on all motors. The honda is considered the king of air, but I myself enjoy the suzuki since more people have hondas. Personally I would stay away of the Tecate, I have seen these machines and they don't seem to be the greatest runners.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode