Is There a Solution to Grizzly Overheating? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2000, 12:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is There a Solution to Grizzly Overheating?

I want an excuse to chose the Grizzly over the other utility ATV's but I'm concerned about the overheating issue. I've read of
solutions like insulating the gas tank and adding computer cooling fans but wonder if the factory or an aftermarket outfit has come
up with some kind of an oil cooling unit or better fan to solve this problem. I forsee lots of hot days (90's and low humidity) working
the Grizzly hard but not moving fast. This seems to be the kind of use that causes the overheating and vaporloc problems.
I'm mostly worried about the excessive heat shortening the life-span of the motor. The insulation seems to fix the vapor loc problem.
Also, our winters are cold. How's the Griz on cold mornings? Cantankerous or Capable?
Thanks!!
SVEMS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2000, 06:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Is There a Solution to Grizzly Overheating?

I have a '00 Grizzly and it has not overheated on me yet. It does get warm but that is the nature of the beast. When you have a massive power plant between your legs you will feel the heat. The side shields help channel the heat out the back and the only time I feel it is when I stop. This is not a big deal like some people try to make it. Actually, in the winter it's a benefit. I have never heard of a vapor lock problem but did read about a couple guys fouling plugs by slow running. I try to tach it up occasionally on the trail and blow it out and have not yet experienced this problem. Some say to try a hotter plug for slower running. All in all, I am very pleased with my bike so far. The best advice I can give you is GET ON,SIT DOWN,SHUT UP & HANG ON. Keep rippin', Doc

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2000, 01:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If I'm not mistaken, the griz does come with a oil cooler up front and temp accuated fan, my friends
coil cooler has been clogged with mud and over heated, check that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2000, 03:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a '99 grizzly and I have never had it overheat, and i have had it in pretty deep mud and had it honin,it never once tried to overheat, Now the '98 grizzlies had an overheatin problem but i think yamaha has got that fixed,I f you are wantin a big bad atv get the grizzly you wont be dissappointed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode