which to get Warrior or 300ex???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2000, 07:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

which to get Warrior or 300ex????

Help.... Please give advice on which is the all around best machine to have. The primary use of the atv will be
for family fun. I want a machine that I can ride hard but is easy enough to handle so that the wife can enjoy it
too. Eventually ( if we enjoy it enough) we would like to own an atv for each of us, but for now we'll have
to settle for sharing and would appreciate any input from those who have first hand knowledge of these
machines. From what I've found out so far it appears that we can't go wrong with either the Warrior or the
300ex. Thanks to all who'll take the time to help in our decision.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2000, 04:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: which to get Warrior or 300ex????

I rode a 300 hard before I purchased a 2000 Warrior. My neighbor has the 300 (1996) and he is approx. 300 lbs and 6'3". The 300 pulls him with no problem. Honda makes super-nice bikes. I had a problem with the reverse mechanism and size of the 300. It has plenty of power, but is small. If you are over 5'10", 150 lbs., I recommend the Warrior. I have had mine for 4 months and I have definitely ridden it hard with no problems as of yet. I know for a fact that the Warrior will out run the 300 across the board....If that's what you are looking for. I believe one of those 4-wheeler magazines did a comparison between the two bikes here recently and decided it was a close match but the Warrior was better in the performance category and generally good all around. Research magazines, I've found they are a good source of information for the consumer....good luck....

warrior2000
2000 Yamaha Warrior
1997 Suzuki RM250

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2000, 12:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Warrior and 300EX are probably the 2 quads which are compared the most. The warrior is bigger the 300EX, both are almost identical in performance. Ease of maintenance is far easier on the 300EX. The Warrior is faster on the top end, the 300EX handles rough terrain better. All the rags have compared these two quads, along with a few others, over the last few months. All chose the 300EX as the best all around quad. Do your homework before you buy. Warrior 2000 has a point about physical size. The warrior will accommodate bigger riders. I'm 5'8", 155lbs and the 300EX is perfect for me. You can't go wrong with either, good luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 09:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have a 2002 300 ex it is awesome i go where the warriors dont go i go thouhg a whole lot more mud and when i get5 stuck we just lift mine up cause it is lighter than the warrior and it has more power i know that seems hard to believe i had my issues with taht to but it is true the 300 ex is all around better than the warrior

why most people dont like 300 ex is because honda makes tthem and alot of poeple are getting mad and they try to make fun of there stuff i am not saying honda is the best they just try harder than the rest of the companies or something
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 01:16 AM
raptor_rider

Iv'e contemplated the same question, my wife has a 2000 blaster right now, it doesent have enough power for her so I was thinking about the 300EX vs. Worrior,Iv'e ridden both , I have come to the conclusion I'm going to get the LTZ400R, [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The 300EX and Worrior are both under powered,(stock) even for a beginner, my wife is 5ft. 95lbs. has ridden for one year and they were to wimpy for her,I would go with the 400EX but I have reverse on my Raptor and she sees the convienience the new Suzuki has the DRZ400 engine (tried and true) with reverse, liquid cooled four stroke , and SAME suspention as the 400EX what more could you ask for , its basicly a 400cc Raptor, even kinda looks like one , I have to go with the new SUZUKI on this one

but if you have your heart set on a honda or yamaha, go blue you wont regret it

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 05:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wait for the zuki... go yellow and blue... you wont regret it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode