Off Roading Forums banner

Help on Warrior Mods??!!

1K views 5 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2000 Yamaha Warrior. The warranty will run out in about 4 more months and I was wondering what modifications(Pipe, Silencer, Air Filter, ect.) would make the most difference. Also, I was thinking of going with a shorter tire to give me more bottom end pull.....any comments about that would be appreciated too. Thanks.

Jody

G
#2 ·
Good to hear someone out there bought an excellent quad. I bought mine new about four months ago and so far I've installed a DG chrome header and spark arrestor. It made a huge difference in performance if you don't mind a little more noise coming from the bike. I've heard installing a K & N power jet kit will boost performance as well although my mechanic recommends against it. He says K & Ns are good on cars, but on off-road vehicles they tend to let too much debree by into the carb. He told me if I were to install one on my quad, I should probably go ahead and get the Outerwear for it. If you install a pipe, you will definitely have to tweak on the carb, if not rejet it. I had to lower my needle a notch because the pipe made it run way too lean. As far as tires go, the stockers suck. I am waiting until I can find a good deal on Maxxis Raz'rs or Holeshot XTPs. Rubber makes a great deal of difference, not necessarily on take-off but more on the handling end of things... I'd be interested in finding out what changes you made to your quad. As far as warranty goes, it didn't really matter to me as long as the thing didn't fall aprart the first week I had it. Yamahas tend to be very strong, reliable, well-built machines. Hope you enjoy yours.....

warrior2000
2000 Yamaha Warrior
1997 Suzuki RM250

G
#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I am definitely going to start making some modifications on my Warrior. I will probably start with a pipe and header. I haven't decided which one at this time. I want to find out all I can before I decide. What size tires are you going to go with? I was thinking about a 20" tall tire but I am worried about ground clearence. Do you know of any websites that are dedicated to the Warrior? Thanks.

Jody

G
#4 ·
i got my 2000 warrior in february. i got a pro circuit t-4 tailpipe. they're kind of expensive when you compare it to a DG or a Cobra, but it has a spark arrestor in it. i want a head pipe but can't afford it at the time. it made a pretty big difference. i rejetted the carb too, that made a little difference. a note on that, if you do rejet, go to a dealer and buy a jet, i made the mistake of buying a k&n jet kit, it was $50 for 4 main jets and a new needle, you can go to a dealer and buy the one main jet you need for around $5. i'm running a k&n air filter on mine, but do get an outerwear for it if you get one. one thing i did to make the make it handle better was flipped the stock rear wheels around so the valve stem is on the inside. on stock yamaha wheels the offset is screwed up so it makes the quad about 3 inches wider in the rear if you flip the wheels.

#5 ·
I have a 94 banshee and i just picked up 2 wheels and tires for the rear for about 190. I bought .160 rims 10x8 and holeshots 22x11x10 and i have no issues with ground clearance at all. We ride in some rocky terain up here in Minnesota/Wisconsin and they hook up very well and are sturdy. As far as a mod for the warrior, I would recommend tires that have more bite...the stockers on all these machines SUCK!!!!! Pipe will make a good difference. I would look at the t-4 however they are spendy. As far as a dedicated site...hmmm have seen many banshee sites, but not alot of warrior sites. I would recommend just hashing around, that is how I came up with the kickin sites I have. Try checking kandkatv.com they seem to have a good amount of info for ya.

AirBorn!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.