Mail order Experiences.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2000, 09:55 AM
cleartoy

Mail order Experiences....

I just thought i'd share with you folks, what happened recently when i tried to order some stuff out of the magazines.

On Monday,Mar 6th, i ordered a Dura Blue Eliminator 2 2 axle from "Team Factory Racing". I was told i would get it by the end of the week, meaning 5 days.
After a week and a half, i called them, and they told me to give it a few more days, as it had been shipped. Welp, after not recieving it yesterday,(21st) I canceled my order. I explained to them why, and they didnt give me any lip, or apologies.

I called several other shops, and they were honest enough to go look and see if they even had the axle in stock. I found one at Quad Addicts, and placed an order, and paid for next day air shipment, and was promised it would be here today.

I've had good experience with Yamaha\Suzuki AZ. I ordered FMF pipes, and they were here when i was told they would be. Magic racing shipped me some clamp on KN filters with Outerwears, and coolant bottle bracket, on time as well.

Golden West Cycle has been nothing nice. They always claim to have stuff in stock, but they dont. You find that once you call up a week later, and they are like, oh its a back ordered item.

What companies have you had experience with folks?

-cleartoy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2000, 04:34 PM
cleartoy

Re: Mail order Experiences....

Heres the skinny on Quad Addicts......the axle arrived promptly at 10:15 this morning....I was impressed, till i opened the box, and found just the axle, without the spacers and nuts. So i called em up, and they admitted that they sent those parts in a seperate box, and were supprised that it did not arrive. He says he not sure if it was air shipped or ground shipped.

Just an update.

-cleartoy

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2000, 07:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

unbelievable. you know you're never gonna see that second box, right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2000, 10:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a similiar experience with Chaparral Motorsports. I called on a Friday to order some paddle tires and was told they would
be sent out on Monday or Tuesday. I expected them by the end of the week, but they never arrived. I had to call them twice over
the next couple of weeks to inquire about my order. The finally arrived 2 days before I was going to Pismo. Either these companies
don't have a good handle on their supply chain, or they just promise quick service to get your business. I think it's probably the latter
situation.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2000, 11:10 PM
cleartoy

I think you are right bro. I am way leary when i ask a merchant if they have something in stock and they say "yes" right away without even checking. Some places i called went to the trouble to actually look first.

Im hoping to get the extra box tommarow(regular shipping would be tommarow). The new axle takes way bigger nuts than stock, and i also need the 1" spacers.

-cleartoy

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 06:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy:
I strictly deal with K&K atv out of Mass, Their super nice people and very honest. What I have seen is..... If you order a part and they dont have it... they wont charge your credit card until they get the part and ship it to you.(most places charge it right away) They have a small shop and they also care about the customer. They just started to vend at all of the nationals and are sponcering Angela Moore(#1 Pro womans 250) and a few other racers. Every once and a while your going to order a part from someone and they wont have it.... that is inevitable, but at least he will tell you if he does or not.
Well I thought I would drop my opinion also
good luck
walter

Banshee370(connecticut)
88 banshee
99 quadbuddy
95 Ram 4x4SLT
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 02:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I LIVE IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS - BUMMER HUH? - I ORDER MOST OF MY STUFF FROM MOTO-MAN OUT OF MICHIGAN - I'VE HAD REAL GOOD LUCK WITH THEM - THEY VERY HELPFUL WHEN IT COMES TO GETTING YOU THE RIGHT STUFF - THEY DELIVER ON TIME - THEY HAVEN'T [email protected]#$ED UP YET - OH YEAH SOME OF THE BEST PRICES I'VE FOUND - I'M NOT TRYING TO TURN THIS INTO A BILLBOARD OR ANYTHING - BUT IF YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED THEM OUT YOU SHOULD - WWW.MOTO-MAN.COM - GOOD LUCK & HAPPY WHEELIN'
ZIGZAG

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 09:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had ordered tires from Team Factory Racing and will never order from them again. They have the worst service I have ever dealed with. After 3 weeks of them telling me my tires are going to be sent out that day, I finally cancelled my order . Now it has been 2 weeks and I still haven't been reimbursed with the $450.00 they had charged me for the tires they never sent. I ordered the same tires from Rocky Mountain Atv and they arrived a day earlier then the date they had given me .
I now know where I will order my parts from now on

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 09:40 PM
cleartoy

Good to hear about Moto Man. I tried calling them a few times, cuz they were the [email protected]$289 for the axle, but the line was always busy!

I got the spacers and nuts from Quad Addicts today. I installed it all, and it was alot easier than the manual said it would be.

i tried Rocky Mountain ATV, but they only sold Lone Star axles.

-cleartoy

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 09:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i ordered some stuff for my bike from motorcycle accesory wharehouse in CO. no problems; would do it again. prices decent too. mark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode