honda 250R ' only 1 spark' - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2000, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

honda 250R \' only 1 spark\'

here's my story...
I have a 1986 Honda 250R (two stroke of course). when I spin the motor with the spark plug out, I get one blue spark off the plug if the ON/OFF switch is turned on. I only get ONE spark. To me this pointed to the CDI unit, so I dropped $90 on a new CDI unit. But I still have the same symptoms. Has anyone encountered this before, what is the cause?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2000, 08:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: honda 250R \' only 1 spark\'

no it is not the cdi it is the stator assm.this is what you get the fire from

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2000, 09:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: honda 250R \' only 1 spark\'

well i ended up replacing the cdi, voltage regulator, coil. All with not change in symptoms. I had one hell of a time trying to get the flywheel off the covered the stator. At first it would not come off. So I went into denial and started thinking that it be something wrong with the wiring, I ended up removing all of the tape from the wires and all look 'ok'. So I loaded up the 250R and drove the 1.2 miles to my brother's house and within five minutes his impact wrench had the nut off that held the flywheel on. He cleaned the inside of the flywheel and other surfaces. NOW I GET THE BLUE SPARKS THAT I NEED!!! I haven't riden this 250R in years. It's an 86' Model that I bought in 87'. The entire 4 wheeler is original stock, even the tires. (By the way the original electrical equipment is back on it) I can't wait to rip through all six gears again. Happy Trails

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode