help buying used 3wheeler - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2000, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

help buying used 3wheeler

ad in the local paper had a 3wheeler for $35. it said it ran, but it needs gears..<-- how much trouble are they? anyway, i have no idea the condition year or anything else on this thing(i'm assuming its pretty rough)...what should i look for as far as trouble spots and things like that? this will mainly be used to pull a yard cart and things like that. any advice would be appreciated.

Shorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 04:53 PM

Re: help buying used 3wheeler

My friend has an 83 honda 250r that is missing 3rd gear. he bought his for $250. they don't make 3rd gear anymore for that so he has to find one somewhere. i have seen the trouble he has had with his trike and would say probably not to buy it because it would be more work than it is worth.

Craig

'89 S-10 4.3L
'88 Kawasaki Mojave
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 05:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Find out what it is and I might buy it from you for a little more for parts.

" If you can't go through, around or under it, then go over it!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2000, 06:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The best all around trail and work 3 whl i ever saw was a Honda SX250 it had loads of low end grunt,decent trail supension for the year
(1985) fully enclosed rear axle with outboard bearings,fully sealed shaft drive.a nice reverse on the shifter one click below neutral,very
strong frame,(bike was heavy tho) applicable to front and rear racks,excent hologen headlight.I had this bike from 1986 to 1997 and
besides 1 new battery,tires and usual mantainance,i never had to replace a thing,clutch still works fine,runs fine to this day,my father
N law has it now,and still nothing has failed at all,and it was ridden hard on trails,used for hunting,pulling every kind of thing imiginable
all its life.I think it was the best 3 whler for all around use that Honda ever made.Of course it always always was kept in shape with
regular matainance.Yes i know a lot are faster,ride better now days,but strictly talking older 3 wheeled bikes,it was great,not to mention
no dumb rope starter (kick starter) plus elec start as well.Oh wait i lied,i did have to replace the headlight bulb once too

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode