Banshee tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2000, 09:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Banshee tires

If you read my previous posts, you can guess that Im in the market for tires. I think most of my riding is going to be through typical rocky and muddy trails with the occasional sandpit. I have heard some good things about holeshots from a guy that used to ride a 250R three wheeler. Any other suggestions for my type of riding? However, he said not to go with anything bigger than 20"s because it will bog it right down. I really wanted to gain another inch of ground clearance if I could, but I dont want to sacrifice any bottom torque that I dont have much of anyways. The taller tires will give me a couple extra mph on the top end, so would it be possible to go a couple teeth smaller on the front sprocket or a couple bigger on the rear and help spin the 22's but not lose too much top end?

Aside from gearing, what else can I do to gain some bottom end torque? Im thinking something like pipes or reeds. Whats the best bang for your buck to gain some bottom end? I really want to do some mods, but I dont want to make it a time bomb and make it any harder to drive through tight trails.

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2000, 02:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Banshee tires

Can you give me some insight on the boost bottle and the ram valves. I've heard of them, but what do they do. Do they make noticable differences in bottom end torque? How about installation, is that difficult?

22" holeshots were what I was thinking. Im going to try a buddies 22" tires and see how it handles the extra tire size to see if I should gear it down or not.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2000, 02:37 PM
cleartoy

I bought my Banshee used and it had Holeshots(20-11-9s). Im still running them. They handle good, they corner good, they do okay in the sand too(which is where most of my riding is done). Ive never used the stock rear tires. The only other rear tires ive used are paddles, but that wouldn't apply to your riding.

As for the 22s in the rear, i say go for it, as long as you change the gearing to compensate(smaller countershaft or larger rear sprocket). If you do the gearing math proportionate, it should be very comparable, if not the same as stock. One tooth up front is like 2-3 in back. Ive thought of doing 22" rear holeshots and 23" front holeshots for more clearance when i ride in AZ.

For low end torque, i hear the way to go is the 2-1 Motofast exhaust, CV single carb set up, FMF ram valves, and boost bottle.

I tell you what pipes NOT to get for low end.....FMF Fatty Torque Plus. I just got those and it reduced my low end, but increased mid range and top end.

I currently run ported cylinders, .020"pistons, milled head rechambered for 92 octane, FMF FAtties, clamp on KN filters, 380 main [email protected] level. I just installed a boost bottle yesterday, but havent ridden it yet. Future plans include FMF ram valves for more low end.

-cleartoy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2000, 05:04 PM
cleartoy

The boost bottle replaces the standard intake pipe on the stock manifold.
Its like a balance pipe to equalize pressures. The boost bottle supposedly improves low end throttle response by storing more air in it. I have not ridden it yet to see if it makes a difference. Im told it makes some difference. For $34.95, what can i loose?

The FMF Ram valves are said to help low end by allowing more fuel into the cylinder on the intake stroke. THats what i would like. THe Boyeseen RAD valves are mid-top end upgrade. I have enough mid to topend to take me to the moon and back. I would like more low end.

THe boost bottle was a minor annoyance to install cuz of all the hoses and cables in the way, but its not tooooo bad.

The ram valves would require removing the carbs and the intake manifolds to install them. Read my post about jet changing and add this to it.

Youll want to gear down, believe me.

-cleartoy

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2000, 12:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Man I would like to comment on the DYNO Port 2 into 1 pipe/scilencer cobo, it has power and tourqe to pull hard, I am a 300 pound man and IT IS ALL I CAN DO TO KEEP IT UNDER CONTROL, it is in the power band almost instantly, you dont have to wait and wined it out befor the power hits, but I have not used any other pipe combos to comepare them with but I am very pleased with my perchase

woodsracer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode