Off Roading Forums banner

1999 Banshee sale price?

3K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  98Warrior 
G
#1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering what my Banshee would be worth , I am thinking of selling it. Its is in super running condition, average scrathces on factory plastic from riding in the woods and paint wear on the motor from my boots and a tear in seat cover but, it looks good. aftermarket parts are~~~>

DG full chassis skid plate
DG rear grab bar
DG front bumper
Mid-range port job
bored to 361 cc with Wisco forged Pro lite pistons
factory head has been milled and rechambered 19 cc
Dynoport 2 into 1 pipe and silencer
Trinity stage 4 intake with single 35 mm PWK carb
K&N filter in modified stock air box
steel braided and coated throttle cable with Motion Pro twist throttle
Factory suspension is in good shape
Bran new ITP bead loc race wheels on front
Bran new ITP hole shots on front old hole shots on back
Dura Blue rear Axle
rear axle carrier has grease zerk for greasing rear axle bearings
Barnett Dirt digger clutches and steels with H/D springs
I have 3 rear srockets and 3 front sprockets for wide variety of gear ratios

still have all factory parts that have been removed like E brake cable and Factory clutch leaver and perch

still have stock exhaust and silencers and are in greet shape

Let me know what you guys think its worth, or make an offer and it could be yours. I am thinking about $6,500 although I have invested nearly $10,000 but you never get back what you put in.

woodsracer
99 cross country banshee
99 dodge quad cab 4x4

See less See more
#2 ·
WHY are you selling???????? Woods dont tell me you are leaving banshee knighthood......I think I might be saddened by this....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

G
#3 ·
Well AirBorn, I went out saturday after installing the new single carb kit from trinity, I lost my low end tourqe that I had, can even climb a hill unless i'm on the pipe and its real scary when it comes on the pipe(power band) going up hill, does this sound familiar? "its all or nothing" I got blisters on my hands from trying to hold on the this beast I have created. I'm going to change rear sprocket and hope this helps the hill climbing because there are lots of hills here in Tennessee, no open sand dunes, I bet if I made a trip to pismo or glamis I'd change my mind about wanting to sell
If I can sell it I'm going to buy a new 2000 banshee and build it different.

I was thinking of looking at the new Yamaha Raptor, Anyone heard anything about them? When are they going to be on the market?

woodsracer
99 cross country banshee
99 dodge quad cab 4x4

#4 ·
Well,
I may have the answer for you!!!
Take the single carb crap off it...put ur pair back on it...then make sure you jet it properly. After upping my jets I have low end back and top end to boot. The power band is still there but not AS bad as it was as far as holding on for dear life. Your terrain is similar to mine from what i have learned anyway. But I have the 2->1 pipe with the dual carbs and just upped my jets and it changed the whole personality of the beast from within. I am going to up the jets a bit more to see what happens, but I can tell you that the powerband is easier to handle now. I am running stock gearing for now also and once I get the top end back to where it SHOULD be, I will be gearing it down for a bit more power. Please tell me we arent going to lose ya!!! :)

Try that though and let me know what happens!!!

AirBorn!!

G
#6 ·
I called today and ordered 2 smaller neddles and about 10 different main jets for the KEIHIN carb, I going to play with it for a while, it just pissed me off this past weekend, and wanted to roll the dam thing off a cliff, man I was pissed! I had to rais the neele all the way up to be able to climb a hill so I'd say its lean on the main jet, the biggest main for a KEIHIN carb is 200
anyway Trinity racing said I would get more lowend pull and tourqe from the single carb thats why I changed over, I wish I had stayed with the thumb throttle too, that twist throttle is too dangerous on a quad, especialy a banshee with the unpredictable power band.

But I ws just asking what people thout my banshee was worth.
Anyone??

woodsracer
99 cross country banshee
99 dodge quad cab 4x4

#7 ·
Oh and woods....just a note....once u get used to the twist throttle....u will really like it...i wouldnt trade it for NOTHIN!!!!

well i am not a great person to ask prices on because i am a cheap bastard and would never pay a high price.... hahahaha

but im thinkin 6600 or so.....hard to get alot for a ride that is older then the new release...even if it has all kinds of bells-n-whistles....

But again that is just my feeble attempt at a price guess....and i never was good at it....

AirBorn!!

G
#8 ·
Hey AirBorn,Do you have a twist throttle on your banshee? It's hard for me to get use to because when I roll the throttle on and the power comes on I start to slide back off the seat and cant unroll the throttle with out letting lose of the grip, to be honest i'm scared of it now, my ass cheeks can't even grip the seat to help hold on, any advice on this problem of staying in control?

anyone can comment here, Thanks

woodsracer
99 cross country banshee
99 dodge quad cab 4x4

G
#9 ·
I have twist on both my banshee and TRX.I ride like a maniac thru some rough terrain.Never have a problem controlling throttle.I ride with one finger on the front brake lever and two fingers on clutch lever.Do you guys use a steering stabilizer?Dont try to muscle the machine,let the suspension do all the work.Quad riding takes MORE finess than strength.Let the quad float and twist under you.Stand up all the time with your arms and legs bent and control throttle/clutch/steering.Try these tips I think it will help.Hey AirBorn we are WAY off topic here!!!!LOL LOL

#10 ·
Ya I am afraid this off topic thing is like a disease or something....As far as the twist throttle...it just takes getting used to it. I ride hard and rough terrain and I do not have a stabilizer on mine.

I would NEVER go back to the thumb throttle again...noooooooo wayyyyyyyyy.....

AirBorn!!

G
#11 ·
try getting a gripper ceet, this should help you stay in place. the finess thing is def true. the more you work the harder it is. let it do its thang. twist throttle def a bonus on quads. had one on my old warrior, worked graet. just keep practicing

#12 ·
i agree about a twist throttle. my bro has one on his 300ex and i used to hate it but then he got a megamaxII pipe and silencer so i felt inclined to ride it and i got used to the twist throttle and loved it so i went to the VERY convieniently place yamaha store across the road bought one for my warrior right then:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.