tires for a 400ex - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2000, 11:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

tires for a 400ex

Hi i just got my 400ex in october and love itttttttttt. but i got a hole in a tires and patched it but i wanted a new set of tires for the rear. i can only find stock tires so far. i will be some trail, and eventually racing. Also i have trouble starting mine in the cold usually i put it in my workshop by a woodstove real earily in the morning to warm up. does anyone know better ways to get it started in the cold. i heard getting jet #40 helps some but didn't know if there was any better ways. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2000, 08:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: tires for a 400ex

I bought my wife a new 2000 EX 400, and like you had the same problems with the cold start, and the junk tires. I tried it seems everything to get it to start in the mornings with no luck, I took it to the dealer and they changed the jetting to #40, seemed to run better, but still hard to start, I contacted Honda tech's and they said to replace the plug, I said are you kidding me? THIS THING IS 1 WEEK OLD! According to them, the plup was no good. I replaced it just for kicks as I didn't know what else to do,now that @#$% starts fine! Go Figure! I held the old one to the plug wire to check for spark, you could barely see it, but the new one fires Great!
As far as the tires: I replaced them with SUR TRAK's, I used the 22x11x10's to get rid of the 9" wheels, as riding here in the rockies there are alot of rocks, etc: I also put the same tires on my Banshee, Love Them!
"Just my 2 cents worth!"
Hope some of this helps!
http://members.aol.com/dnlduc/page/index.html
Don.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode