what rear tires do you run on your Banshee??????????????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2000, 01:30 AM
cleartoy

what rear tires do you run on your Banshee???????????????

I run 20-11-9 Holeshots. Im pretty happy with them. They seem to slide really well. I like them on hard pack.

In sand they dont hook up so well till about 4th gear. I have some cheap paddles, i think they are the Cheng Shin Dune Sliders (V shape). They vibrate so bad, they give me a head ache, due to the low frequency they produce, and are no fun at all. Some one suggested to me to get the paddles synched on the rims so that the paddles hit at the same time....left to right. I looked, and mine are way off from being synchronized. Is this the vibration problem, or do i just have some cheap, trashy, not worth my time type of paddles?

-cleartoy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2000, 02:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: what rear tires do you run on your Banshee???????????????

I had a set of those paddles. I don't remember any vibration but never liked the hook-up. I unloaded them and now run Sand Skate II's all all out Banshees. MUCH better!!!! If you like to slide and are not a drag racer, get a set today!

For dirt I'm still running the stock rubber. Still haven't worn them out.

BansheeMan </font color=green>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2000, 02:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mud Sharks. Best I've found yet!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2000, 07:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy:
I dont get to play in the sand all that often.... for regular trail riding, sand pits, ect I run 22x11x10 SurTracs. They hook up very very well and slide great too. I have a few sets of paddles, The Dune hoppers(straight paddles). They do vibrate on hard pack but I never had that problem in sand. I also have a set of Big Als and they are a very soft paddle straight paddle. I never had that problem with those either. Right now I am in the market for a set of 22x11x10 10 paddle haulers. Getting them sync'd is important for traction and vibration. I would think that having them off center from each other would cut down on vibration since they are hitting the ground at a diff time from the other side. Maybe I am wrong but thats how I would see it. The only time I would get that vibration is when riding w/ paddles on hardpack. I agree with the other post also.... get a set of Sand SkateII's if you want great traction with sliding abilitys. I hope this helps

good luck
walter
88Banshee370
95 Dodge Ram 4x4
99 Quadbuddy
http://members.xoom.com/banshee370/
http://www.kandkatv.com

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2000, 10:02 AM
cleartoy

Thanks you guys, for all the insight. Seems like the Skate 2's are the unanimous favorite.

So to the people that run 22" rear tires, how do you like them? Is the center of gravity too high? Sometimes, id like more ground clearance in the back.

Hopefully going out riding for spring break. My girl and i just bought an'00 CR80 for her to ride.

-cleartoy

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2000, 04:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy:
I have only used 22" tall rears.... I went from 9" rims to 10" rims, and havent looked back. I think my bike would rev out to fast w/ 20's or 21's, even with 15-42 gearing(sometimes 16-42) I never felt that my center of gravity was too high, but now thats deffinatly not a problem since I got a set of TCS sag control series shocks.
I think the sand skateII's are a wise choice if you like to play in the sand...
good luck
walter

Banshee370(connecticut)
88 banshee
99 quadbuddy
95 Ram 4x4SLT
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2000, 11:16 PM
cleartoy

You must ride in the flats quite a bit. In the sand, i typically run 4th-5th gear on moderate to very steep sand dune hills! Only time i use 6th gear is in bowls, long straight aways, and down hills. And it is rare!

Glad to hear your testimony though.

-cleartoy

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2000, 07:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cleartoy: I live in connecticut (no such thing as dunes out here) and I dont get to the dunes that often. I mostly trail ride or screw around in a sand/gravel pit. Every once and a while I get to open it up but not all that often. I have never had any problems in tight trails..... matter of fact 2 years ago I rode a trail that was for a 4x4 quad only(sucked) for 26 miles. I never got out of 1st or 2nd gear the whole time(trees, mud, huge rocks) It was obviously not a trail for a banshee. I didnt have any problems what so ever. Out here in New England we have nothing but rocks so I need the height of the 22" tires.
Where abouts are you from? I still wish I could talk the wife into moving!

walter

Banshee370(connecticut)
88 banshee
99 quadbuddy
95 Ram 4x4SLT
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2000, 09:30 AM
cleartoy

I live in Southern California.

Ive taken my Banshee to Arizona and theres alot of rocks over there. Ive made the decision not to take it there again unless i get the 23" fronts and 22" rears for more clearance. Im running the DG full chassis skidplate and the swingarm plate as well. Its pretty gnarly to look at the bottom of the plates after i get home and see all the gouges and scrapes and scars.

Talk to ya soon. Gotta take the girlfriend out today and teach her to ride her CR80 today.

-cleartoy

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2000, 12:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I currently have the stock tires on my banshee, and was getting ready to ask what tires people run until I saw this thread. I live in Maine, and mostly ride in rocky, muddy, tight trails where Im lucy to hit 3rd once in a while. My stock tires are still brand new looking, and I hate to change them before they go bald, but they really suck, in my opinion.

I bought my wife a scrambler 400 4x4 friday, and took her for a ride saturday. She kicked my ass up and down the whole trail, and never once got stuck. I had to pull mine through 3 mud holes by dragging it, and was covered from head to toe. Needles to say, I was kicking myself for forgetting a strap...

Either way, she had 4wd. I took her riding again yesterday with my buddy who has a new 400EX. He also kicked my but down snow covered trails and through some mud holes. I'm assuming thats because the stock honda tires seem to be a little more aggressive than the banshee's.

I realize I bought the wrong machine for this type of riding, but I dont mind the stiff throttle, excessive clutchwork, and bottem end bog. A wide open blast through 4th more than makes up for it. What's getting me is the traction issues.

I want to try something like a 22" holeshot XTC. I hear they are pretty good for all around traction. Im worried about about losing what little low end torque I have.

What Im wondering, is if anyone has a recommendation for a 22" tires that will work good for this type of riding. Also, would changing the front/rear sprockets get me back a noticable amount of bottem end grunt, if not more than I have now? Im not all that concerend with top end, as I hardly ever had it pegged in 6th anyways.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode