2000 Warrior exhaust mod - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2000, 09:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2000 Warrior exhaust mod

I have a 2000 Warrior and have been curious about an exhaust upgrade. I know that FMF will be releasing a header in about 3 weeks. Has anyone out there tested variours performance exhaust systems on their quads? I am looking for a liberal feedback so I can choose the best system. I have a friend that has a 97 warrior with a DG header and tailpipe(supertrapp style) and his sounds great and made an overall performance enhancement, but I'd like to see what advantage FMF has over DG and Big Gun, if any. My type of riding consists of trails and holeshots with my friends on 300ex Hondas. I already outrun them, but not overwhelmingly. I want to put a hurtin' on 'em!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2000, 03:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2000 Warrior exhaust mod

I have a Graydon Proline pipe on my 400EX and it is awesome. It is a complete system. It gave me good gains off the bottom and pull stronger through mid range as well as top end. Check out there web site http://www.graydonproline.com/ ask for Darryl tell him Kevin Haynes told you to call him. He is always more than helpful with any questions you may have.

Graydon Proline 1-800-655-7762

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2000, 06:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A fool and his money are soon paretd!!! I had a DG supertrap style, without a spark arestor and man is it loud! That pipe makes good HP at the cost of some bottom end. Not good for tight trails, great for fire roars and long sraightaways with wide turns, top of 6th gear stuff. I have on my atv now a supertrap, (older style) I think you can call it a general across the boards power increase. I am runing 7 or 8 disks (I think), anny more and it gets kind of loud. Ok bottomend, and good mid.

435ccwarrior

435cc WARRIOR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2000, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Johnnnn_h, are you saying you have a real supertrapp now and it's better than dg's supertrapp style tailpipe? My friend's dg (supertrapp style) isn't that loud at all. It's at 6 or 7 disc setup. I rode it and it seemed to make an overall increase in power. I wanted to know if there was anything out there that maybe better than the DG like the FMF.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2000, 09:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

When I had the DG pipe, it had no spark arrestor. The motor had a 435cc kit and a HUDGE cam .450 lift and 276 deg. duration @ .04 lift. ported head, and 38mm carb, and the thing was almost like a two stroke. when you hit the power, hang on!!! All mid and top, but there really was not enough bottom end. So I pulled the big cam out and picked up a web general improvement cam. The power slid down a little bit but not enough to make me happy. So I called four stroke tech (they did the 435cc kit), and asked how to get some more bottom end. I was told that the DG pipe with the larger headpipe will take a little off of the low side and they recomended a supertrap. The supertrap did get me some more bottomend. I think annything compaired to the stock pipe will be better.
Well,,, I ordered a BIG GUN just the other day, I will post a reply when I get it back together.

435cc WARRIOR
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2000, 08:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Johnnnn_h, you may be dissapointed. I ordered a DG nickel-plated header and krome-lite silencer for my Warrior today. Something I found out: Supertrapp makes DG's stackable disc silencers. I called DG and talked to one of their representatives and he said that all they make is the outer exhaust housing and Supertrapp subcontracts the silencer/spark arrestor for them. When I found this out, I couldn't resist. The DG system is a super value considering the whole thing was $230 verses FMF's $380 system that is dull aluminum. I am not knocking FMF because I am really impressed with the system I have on my moto-x bike, but as far as what they offer for 4-stroke quads, there is not much to chose from. I was wondering since you have made so many modifications to your quad, has it affected the reliability factor? Do you use it for racing or just trail riding?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2000, 12:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

As far as the DG pipe thing goes, I did know about the add on disk system, but changed exhaust to get the smaller headpipe back on.
As far as reliability, not too bad. The warrior is a 92, the 435cc kit was installed in 93, and I tryed to get int racing hair scrambels in 94. Practice went on untill about 95/96. I rode 3 to 4 times a weak, from about 4:30 till dusk, and I actually had three people come up to me and ask what I was rideing, I guess I was going too fast. I was up to the point whare I could runn almost the whole 3 mile track at WOT. lot of berms, woops, hairpins, major ruff stuff, and few HUDGE mud pits. The place was kind if like a messed up curvy flattrack.
Well I finally made it to my first race, I missed the start, got lost, (I followed the wrong color arrows, and wound up in the parking lot!). That was a difficult track, picture driving down your roof, and before you got to the end you have to pop a wheelie so that you can land on all fours.
At the end I had a bent axle, but I actually passed one person, actually I ran him off the trail!
The only time I had trouble was the verry top of the piston to the first wring come off, and went crunch, crunch, crunch! Others thain that it has held together quite well. I have been running Mobile1 from almost the first day.
But now I only trailride, and I have detuned, it to loose the peaky HP.

435cc WARRIOR
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2000, 09:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Johnnnn_h, where did you get the 435 kit from and what does something like that cost? I did some riding today on some local trails here in NC. I rode with a pretty unique group: 2 stock warriors(mine 2000, other 1997), one modified 2000 Banshee, one stock 99 Banshee, and one stock 2000 Blaster. I have never really been exposed to Banshees. I rode one of them for the first time since I was 14. It was the modified, bored over .20 with FMF Fatties and powercores. I was surprised at the lack of low end from the Banshee. You'd think with all of that bragged about power the take off would be "break-neck!" I was surprised, however, at the performance out of the little Blaster! It kicked some butt! I think I stick with the four stroke THUMP of the Warrior! I did well in the trails compared to the Banshees and mine doesn't look like a crop duster smoking the woods up at low rpm....Oh well, to each his on...

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2000, 09:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It was about 1,000 to 1,200, a few years ago, that included an oil cooler, and a port job. Four stroke tech did the work, I think powerroll does it too. Is it worth the monney??? I could live without it, but I would do it again.
I chose a four stroke because I'm not too crazy about the smoke, or mixing gass. The thump is kind of cool isint it? Definatly a woods machine.
I rode with (never on) a Banshie in the woods once and I have to say they don't belong there!
If that Banshie is set up right jetwise, It would smoke almost annything in a drag race though.

435cc WARRIOR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode