300ex or Blaster - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2000, 12:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

300ex or Blaster

Is a 300ex faster than a blaster. The 300, I'm sure, has the better suspension but the blaster has a snappy 2 stroke engine. I raced my friend who rides a warrior, i was on a 96 blaster. He won, but not by much at all and i know a warrior is faster than the 300 by a narrow margin so i was curious about this matchup.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 08:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 300ex or Blaster

The blaster is lighter and better handling machine. Turn your front tires around it will help in cornering and handling. Then put a fmf fatty pipe and turbine core II silencer. The only thing your friend will see is you riding a wheelie in front of him past the finish line. With the pipe on the blaster it will run @70.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2000, 01:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

im not sure where you get your 411 but the blaster will not take a 300ex and the warrior will not either both of thoose quads in most every aspect are inferior to the 300ex the blaster is lightwieght because its a lightweight and the warrior is inferior bye far to the ex due to the the heavy bulky and high chasis and high stance. so maybe in your case you might feel the warrior and blaster our better but for most the ex on a mx or woods track will waste the others. ok thanx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2000, 02:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK, how about some common sense knowledge!!!!!!!! Who cares who says what, In a recent article they tested a Warior, 300ex, Blaster. In top speed the Warior won with the 300 down bout 2mph and the blaster ending at about 48.(also meaning that if you put a pipe and silencer on your blaster, there is no way you'll go 70!) The 300ex is considered to have the best suspension. Heck, Honda believe it or not knows what they were doing. The Blaster can not out Handle or anything 300ex, nor a Warior. The Blaster is a economical machione that is not meant to go out and race, come on it still has Drums!!!!!! There are my two cents!!!!! U don't have to like it but I say it as I read it.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2000, 09:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

First of all, a 300ex is not faster than a blaster. In a 4 wheel and atv magazine they tested the warrior, 300ex, mojave, and blaster. They rated the 300ex as best suspension but the pokiest motor of all of them at 52mph compared to the blasters 54, mojave as same as the 300 but quicker, and warrior at 56. In other magazines they rate the ex about the same but the speeds differ from 48-52, and the blaster at 52-54 and so on with the warrior. I own a warrior and i have raced both a 300ex and blaster and kicked both thier asses by a long shot. Whoever got 70mph out of a blaster must of been smokin some good stuff.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2000, 06:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have an FMF pipe on my blaster and my brother did the jetting on it a few years ago. Yeah, its nowhere near 70, we can do in the 50's somewhere, actually i raced a stock blaster and beat him off the line several times but he kept catching me, but i care more about the low end power for jumps and hillclimbing anyway. I have a 400ex now and its in a different league, but thanks for the input guys.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2000, 03:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

70MPH out of an modified Blaster is entirely possible. A friend pull up next to me on a flat dirt road. He was riding an old Warrior. Stock size 21" (I think) rear tires. He sped up a bit and got in front of me. I pulled up next to him, trying to figure out what he was doing. I soon got the point, dropped to 5th and pinned it. I got into the powerband, clicked into 6th and passed him easily.
After the race, he said something to the affect of "That thing hulls. I was WOT and you passed me easily." Stuff like that just has to put a smile on your face.

My Blasters not exactly stock. But I did not build it for drag racing ether. It's still under 200cc running the stock carb. It has been ported by Duncan for mid-range and drinks VP-Red. FMF pipe and silencer. There is a lot I can do still do to increase performance. Larger carb, etc...
But I clocked it at 64MPH by GPS. (I have made a few changes after I last clocked it, so it goes faster now.) If I change from 20" tires to 22" make a few sprocket changes, a 34mm carb, I sould not have any problems hitting 70MPH.

But then the gearing would be to tall for trail.

YFS200

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode