2001 raptor 660 clutch problems - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
2001 raptor 660 clutch problems

Hello all,

I am having a problem getting the clutch and the clutch lever on the cover side to work. I've tried a bunch of things, like taking the clutch and cover off and back on a bunch of times, etc.

I don't really work on 4 strokes too often and this is my first 4 stroke rebuild. I have no problems with the 2 strokes, and I know the banshee engine pretty well.

What is happening is when I install the shaft into the cover for the clutch lever, the splines at the bottom of the shaft seem to be catching the push rod that comes out of the clutch hub. When I hook up the cable and go to pull the hand lever it doesn't seem to even opening the clutch, just stretching the cable
shee4202 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome