350 bruin problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

350 bruin problem

Hey all,
I just picked up a 2004 350 bruin, and I have encountered a problem with the pull start. I go to use the pull start and it will not move at all, like even an inch! so I took the pull start assembly off and the assembly is totally fine, functioning perfectly. Now right behind that recoil assembly is a little "flywheel" whth teeth on it for the pull starter. I can spin this peice clockwise but not counter clockwise, it needs to spin counter clockwise for the pull start! so anyways. I put the key in the machine and tried to start it up. the motor turns over but when it is turning over there is a loud clunking noise comming from the pull start assembly area like behind the "flywheel". Would there be like a broken gear behind all that or a spline or something?? Also the machine does not seem to have a lot of compression, does anyone know what the compression should be for this machine? I dont think the motor is blown because it turns over when trying to be started. The atv is in neutral when doing all this too. I also noiticed that when I put the atv in forward gear, I cannot move the atv forward but only back?? Any ideas. So I was just trying to start the atv again today, and I noticed that when trying to start it, the atv would suddenly "lock up" it would try to turn over but it was like something was holding it back from turing over. I dont want to get into a huge job here if I dont have too? Any help would be great. Thanks alot.

Last edited by Double Zero; 04-23-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

okay so the motor is blown!!!!!! heres what happend. The bottom of the piston must have broken off from the connecting rod allowing the pin to just lodge itself on some broken piston and still be able to let the piston ride up and down smoothly. Heres the catch. The piston turned inside the jug so the valves taped the piston top a few times. The connecting rod is twisted and the barrel is all busted up on the sleeve!!!! Well thats pretty much it I guess. So a whole motor job is probably in the works. Top and bottom ends! DANG!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode