Which 450r is right for me? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Which 450r is right for me?

I am looking at buying a 450r. I want a good reliable ride that has plenty of power. I will mainly spend most of my time on fairly fast trails...maybe do some racing here or there. I have looked at the KFX, TRX, and the YFZ. I have always been a big fan of Honda but want to explore my options. Keep in mind i'm a poor college dude really not wanting to spend more than 4000.
thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 06:20 PM

ride red baby go honda
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

i'm leaning that way...thanks for the input. i was wondering if i was going to get a response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 08:32 AM

Thumbs up picking a 450

I have an '07 LT-R450 quad racer. This can be made into a great trail bike with some minor mods. I have went with ITP Holeshots all the way around, (20" front and rear), mounted on ITP Baja wheels. The gearing has been changed to 13/39 from the factory 14/36. Other mods include full skids from ROCK industries, a Cherry bomb, UNI air filter with K&N pre-filter, (no air box lid), stage II Hotcams, full port and polish with 1mm oversize valves and a full HMF exhaust system. Granted, all this is not necessary to make the LT-R a great trail bike but I do at least recommend the taller rear tires and the full skids. The other mods I did just because I like to be faster than the other guy. Good luck and happy trails....

Last edited by Purn1973; 03-23-2009 at 08:45 AM.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 01:58 PM

Go Honda Man!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 AM

yamaha

your gonna get many different answers by people that like there own thing for instance i like yamaha i have a raptor 660r for trail riding and now im getting a yfz for raceing so it comes down to what you think is the best for yourself all the 450s are pretty good quads..
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorson View Post
your gonna get many different answers by people that like there own thing for instance i like yamaha i have a raptor 660r for trail riding and now im getting a yfz for raceing so it comes down to what you think is the best for yourself all the 450s are pretty good quads..
Couldn't of said it better...minus the yamaha part..haha
There def. all good quads and I'm sure no matter what you get and depending how long you keep your quad, youll have to do some work to it...no big deal
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all of your input on this topic. i think that i have decided to go with a raptor 700r. i know this is way off the topic of the 450's but i believe it best fits my riding style and the terrain i will be on. now the task of finding one in my budget...college will drain ya haha
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 09:38 AM

my dad recently got an 03 polaris predator 500, its a very nice trail quad, its very depedable and very very fast im pretty sure it would outrun an yzf 450 iv ridden both and this thing seems faster and more powerful, defintly somthing to check out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
450r, kfx, trx, yfz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode