91 polaris 350 won't idle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 03:39 PM
brian_hobbs

91 polaris 350 won't idle

I have a 91 Polaris 350 4x4 that won't idle I have replaced the spark plug put new gas in it and taken out the little inline fuel filter. It sat for about a year when I bought it. I put a new battery on and put some gas in it and it started right up. I have taken the air filter totally off. as long as you hold the trottle in a little it will run as soon as you let go of the gas and the rpms go done it dies. it starts right back up most of the time. so time you have to switch from hight to netural or reverse for it to start. I have taken apart the carb ajusted the idea and choke it has done nothing and one point I even shorten the trottle cable so it would stay reved up. but some times it would be reved really high others it would die it never acted the same each time. Plus you could never get in to gears without grinding them. Please let me know your ideas. I even took out the plug on the muffler to see it that would help and it did nothing. Sometimes it will kick out alot of white smoke but not all the time. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 02:54 PM
fixit

Question

Dear brian I too have a 93 ploaris 350 trailboss that had some of the same issues.Here is what I did to fixit..
The polaris engine has a lot of vibration and over time and riding it wears out the inside of carb.You also want to check your motor mounts and change the top one.
GIVE THIS A TRY?

Relpace top eng mount part#PN 3110038 this is a stiffer mount. if needed.
Check all eng mounts are tight.
Make sure carb inlet rubber flange @ rear carb air intake boot are not cracked.
Check carb for dirt or grit.Clean out.
Check jet needle @ needle jet for wear . replace if worn.
Replace float pin. do this one.
Change needle @ seat.do this
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE ...Check the throttle side if there is brass wear marks change it .IT MUST BE ALL CHROME IN COLOR..
After you change out the parts make sure that your carb is set back to OEM settings.
Keep the plug out on the muffler the bike will run better..

HOPE THIS WILL HELP U <<FIXIT>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode