Cash or Prizes? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Just Plain Need A Life

Talking Cash or Prizes?

Hey guys,

After many months round and round with legal and marketing, Off-Road.com is about to launch a new online "PAY DIRT!" promotion. You go to a page on ORC, enter your name and email, are entered in a chance to win. That's it. You can enter as many times as you want.

Here's my question -

What would you rather see - $1,000 cash (one winner each quarter) or an off-road product worth $500-$1,000 (one each month)? Plus likely some smaller prizes as well.

We expect to turn on the entry page April 1, draw our first winner June 1. Tell us what to give away!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I wouldn't go for cash, too many people would use it for personal things like bills etc. I would go for the off-road products. Even gift certificates to places like 4x4PartsWholesale etc. If you give away products we could do all kinds of stuff like camping gear, winches, lift kits (would need to be winner/user specific), new sneakers for our rigs, new gears, stuff like that. Small prizes could be ORC T-Shirts, Hats, Tote Bags, Pens, Notepads, package of ORC letterhead etc.

If ORC were to front the funds for all the small prizes and put URL's on them for advertisement I bet you the servers would get swamped with people after awhile...it's like free advertisement once it's distributed.
Might want to go over rules and regs as well...i.e. if you can't enter as much as you want and it's monthly it would be unfair if one person just did that all day long instead of using ORC for what it's designed for. You would have to limit winners to one per year or something like that.
Way to go! I think events like this will bring everybody together and make this place rock!

Last edited by mudrunner88; 02-27-2007 at 10:05 PM.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 07:09 AM

I think that's awesome, but definitely not cash prizes....parts or certificates is the way to go. $1000 per quarter is too bland....sending out real stuff each month would get everybodys attention IMO. One of the other sites I visit gives out stuff every month to it's members...sometimes it may only be a tee shirt and calendar, or it could be something donated by a shop like a pair of Bilstein shocks or fender flares. Doesn't have to be huge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Calendars with readers rides would be awesome!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 11:58 AM

Maybe have smaller prizes on a monthly basis, and a big quarterly one? Or a huge yearly one?

Might want to put a small post # required befor you can enter? Like 50? I'm pretty sure I'd be pissed if somone with 0 posts won anything......

Jerod

"Hiking is just walking where it's ok to pee.....
Sometimes old people hike on accident....."

89 4Runner "The James Caird" Yeah, I named it.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeforus View Post
Hey guys,

After many months round and round with legal and marketing, Off-Road.com is about to launch a new online "PAY DIRT!" promotion. You go to a page on ORC, enter your name and email, are entered in a chance to win. That's it. You can enter as many times as you want.

Here's my question -

What would you rather see - $1,000 cash (one winner each quarter) or an off-road product worth $500-$1,000 (one each month)? Plus likely some smaller prizes as well.

We expect to turn on the entry page April 1, draw our first winner June 1. Tell us what to give away!!!!

I agree with Rem and Mud, I like the gift certificate idea. That way the winner could select the particular "off-road" stuff they need or want. The other little stuff is great, but I'd like to see items that we would really use. Nice hats, T-shirts - NOT those goofey "marketing" ones that we wouldn't wear!

There are many aftermarket suppliers that have items of great interest to most of the wheeling community, like Redline Oil for our trannies and T-cases, Autometer gauges, tires, wheels, floor jacks, tools, batteries, all stuff we can all use. This would allow the manufacturers and supplies to "tout" their wares.
gNARLS.

Last edited by Gnarly4X; 03-04-2007 at 12:03 PM.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 01:46 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly4X View Post
I agree with Rem and Mud, I like the gift certificate idea. That way the winner could select the particular "off-road" stuff they need or want. The other little stuff is great, but I'd like to see items that we would really use. Nice hats, T-shirts - NOT those goofey "marketing" ones that we wouldn't wear!

There are many aftermarket suppliers that have items of great interest to most of the wheeling community, like Redline Oil for our trannies and T-cases, Autometer gauges, tires, wheels, floor jacks, tools, batteries, all stuff we can all use. This would allow the manufacturers and supplies to "tout" their wares.
gNARLS.
X2! Or would that be 4 now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode