no spark - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 10:33 PM
crazyredneck

no spark

i have an 86 quadracer that i bought with a blown motor. we recently did the top end and got it to run for about 5 seconds then we lost spark i tested the magneto with a ohms meter and got current flowing through there and i replaced the coil which was bad. wat else could it be? the cdi box or is there something else i over looked?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 09:10 PM
traxas_man_2006

Re: no spark

I'm actually having that same kind of problem with a 99 yamaha warrior. My dad and I have gone through and tested almost everything we can think of like the coil and stator and stuff like that but there is still no spark when we crank the motor over. We also took it into a atv dealership and they said it was the stator, or more specifically the pick up coil, so instead of paying out the butt at the dealer ship we bought a replacement pick up coil and replaced it and the problem still occurs. However... if we pull the quad behind a truck or car and pop the clutch it starts with almost no problem at all. I am really confused and would like some help with this one.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 08:53 PM
scooter41

I have the same problem witha 2001 Warrior.No spark. Changed everything but stator.Any Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 06:41 PM
OffroadRandy

She only starts if you pull er behind a truck she starts but other wise it wont?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 12:01 PM
eek384

no spark

I am having the exact same issues with my 99 warrior... It will sit there and crank over all day but I wont get any spark. As soon as I do a rolling start, either down a hill or behind a truck, it starts right up no problem... I've gone completely over everything on it and everything checks out fine... If anyone out there has any suggestions, that would be great... thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode